Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Lions (5-7)

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

illness...interesting.

It's not that interesting...there's a bug going around, just like it is lots of places.  My wife has had a cold for 2 weeks now (and it's not even Covid) and it just continues to linger.  There are several people at her office with the same thing.  And yet, I've never caught it from her...I have a pretty strong immune system, so that helps, but still.  From what I heard they were already back at practice yesterday, so it's something that they'll probably just have to play through.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 8:15 PM, Morlee said:

Expecting another close game here. Lions are pretty good this year and have given just about everyone they’ve encountered, a fight. 

I’m assuming Brandel will start again. We will also be hurting at CB, as usual. I do believe in this coach though. 

I’ll back the Vikings this week.  

Vikings win it: 26-19. 

You are likely correct now about Darrisaw...while he finally got the no-contact jersey off, it didn't happen until today, so I'd be surprised if he starts.  It's not out of the question that he does, but unlikely.  

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

You are likely correct now about Darrisaw...while he finally got the no-contact jersey off, it didn't happen until today, so I'd be surprised if he starts.  It's not out of the question that he does, but unlikely.  

He's listed as questionable...doesn't mean he'll play though.

Cornerback Cameron Dantzler has been activated from injured reserve.

Dantzler, a third-round pick in 2020, suffered an ankle injury last month at Washington. He was placed on IR before the game at Buffalo, and he has missed the requisite four games. Dantzler started the first eight games of the season, across from veteran Patrick Peterson. Dantzler sealed a Week Five win over the Bears by taking the ball from receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/10/vikings-activate-cameron-dantzler-place-jonathan-bullard-on-ir/

It’s reported that two of the Lions starting defensive backs, Jeff Okudah and Will Harris, are questionable to play Sunday.

If they can’t go, that is a huge blow to Detroit’s pass coverage and an advantage for Jefferson and the Vikings arial attack. Harris and Okudah combine for 66.3% completion, 875 yards, three touchdowns, eight pass breakups and two forced fumbles.

While Detroit is currently allowing the seventh most passing yards and third most passing yards per completion, they can’t afford to be without starters in the secondary. Especially against the league’s 13th best passing attack in which Jefferson accounts for 29.3% of the Minnesota Vikings arial yardage.

https://atozsports.com/minnesota/wr-justin-jefferson-is-poised-for-a-dominant-afternoon/?fbclid=IwAR1n5LX_t8G5IBXiF_m_pzf428xUfRJMxxzxu82_jjH-Vo8hP1xl1h1r4Pg

Let’s hope that we can exploit the horrid pass defense of Detroit.  Though I doubt we will.  I think we will be average there. 

The running game could do well, if O’ Connell doesn’t just go away from it for no reason.  Quite honestly the only gripe I have about the guy.

It’s like he’s forcing Cousins to throw (maybe for his confidence?) even when the RBs are being very productive.  Why stop?   Just keep running the ball. Jets couldn’t stop the run at all and we went away from it. That’s happened a few times this season.

If the running game is working, just stick with it.  

Ready for the Vikings to put the Lions in their place. Lions are playing well, but they’re still 5-7 and they’re still the Lions. Why their fan base and the media is so confident in them is beyond me. The betting odds being in Detroit’s favor is silly. I lean pessimistic in most sports things, because, well, I’m usually let down. Except for my Virginia Cavaliers :)

However, the lack of credit given to the Vikings is glaring. And it’s all because our games “are too close”.  It is annoying that we can’t just put teams away with 35 and 40 points, but that doesn’t mean Detroit of all teams is superior. They’re not at all. In any way, shape, or form. 

Still have the Vikings winning but my score has changed simply based on my growing annoyance at Lions fans. 

32-19. Vikings blitz. A lot. They get the win as the Lions score a TD in garbage time. 

Last year, this game in Detroit coat Zimmer his job and Dantzler looked a fool.  Fast forward to the present, this team is locked for each other with a 10-2 record, something I never saw coming given the gauntlet they just ran.

For the Lions, we need Goff to do Goff things.  Hopefully, we can find a few things to exploit in their D.   

Offensively, the O-Line needs to rule the day . . . That's all.  

• Like 1