Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

30 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The cost of that is getting fleeced in a trade.  A conditional late round pick would raise some eyebrows IMO.

Gute needs to keep the possibility of Rodgers returning to Green Bay as leverage.

Yeah Ingalls seems to live in a world of Madden where the human element doesn't need to be considered.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The cost of that is getting fleeced in a trade.  A conditional late round pick would raise some eyebrows IMO.

Gute needs to keep the possibility of Rodgers returning to Green Bay as leverage.

I think Ingalls is voicing something I mentioned a while ago - if GBs decided its time to move on - dont let the return disuade you from making that happen. I dont think there's a reality in this world where a late round conditional pick is the best they could trade for - but - lacking multiple 1sts etc shouldnt prevent GB from pulling the trigger - if (again) they've decided it's time to cut the cord. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think Ingalls is voicing something I mentioned a while ago - if GBs decided its time to move on - dont let the return disuade you from making that happen. I dont think there's a reality in this world where a late round conditional pick is the best they could trade for - but - lacking multiple 1sts etc shouldnt prevent GB from pulling the trigger - if (again) they've decided it's time to cut the cord. 

I agree ... if Love is ready to play then make that decision and run with it.  Hopefully the Packers can nuance their way into a nice trade return for Aaron Rodgers, but if it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be.  

Packers are going to need to get some answers from Aaron in the next week to 10 days.  The Jets are contemplating what to do and just had a reportedly productive weekend with Derek Carr.  If we lose the Jets as a suitor it's going to probably have a pretty big impact on a potential trade return.  I wonder if the Packers start pressing Rodgers for some answers this week?

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Packers are going to need to get some answers from Aaron in the next week to 10 days.  The Jets are contemplating what to do and just had a reportedly productive weekend with Derek Carr.  If we lose the Jets as a suitor it's going to probably have a pretty big impact on a potential trade return.  I wonder if the Packers start pressing Rodgers for some answers this week?

League year officially starts March 15. I'm guessing it'll be that prior week (March 6-10) where something happens either way. 

I don't think there is going to be any confirmed reports of a prospected trade such as an announcement that "GB will be trading Aaron Rodgers" etc. If it happens, suddenly you'll just see a Rap/Schefter tweet out of the blue that announces the trade. It'll be completely hush hush right up until the announcement. The only caveat to that could be if the Packers handle the trade like the Texans did with Watson whereby it gets publicly announced that the Packers have already agreed on compensation with 2-3 teams and that Rodgers will basically chose at that point where he goes. 

What in most afraid of is he comes back from this retreat seeing the clear path to the Super Bowl that there is through the NFC next year, and knowing that means stayings with the Packers is his best bet for a ring.

Does the warm winter and fun offense of LV sway him more than a ring? That's the only real question to me.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I dont think there's going to be a bidding war.  If Rodgers is traded, he'll likely pick a team, the Packers will work a deal with that team.  I dont think there will be other teams in the mix.  There will be teams who want Rodgers but my guess is Rodgers won't have a list of teams, he'll pick one team and  try to get there.  

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Jets could view Carr as a back up plan and to potentially drive down any trade leverage. But In the case that did happen,wonder if New Orleans gets involved? They did get a 1st back for Peyton. Or is this salary cap too bad?

Edited by Arthur Penske

28 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think there's going to be a bidding war.  If Rodgers is traded, he'll likely pick a team, the Packers will work a deal with that team.  I dont think there will be other teams in the mix.  There will be teams who want Rodgers but my guess is Rodgers won't have a list of teams, he'll pick one team and  try to get there.  

You can't let Rodgers and his new team dictate the trade return.  The Packers are going to have to talk with several teams to set the return.  Then any team that wants to get him has to meet certain criteria.  Maybe the Packers are having these talks now, or maybe they are just waiting for some answers from 12.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You can't let Rodgers and his new team dictate the trade return.  The Packers are going to have to talk with several teams to set the return.  Then any team that wants to get him has to meet certain criteria.  Maybe the Packers are having these talks now, or maybe they are just waiting for some answers from 12.

They can talk with all 31 teams if they want, but Rodgers has to want to go there.   Rodgers can say trade me to the Raiders.  I'm not going to the Jets or Titans.    

That's why I said Gute needs to maintain returning to the Packers as an option.  He can tell Vegas, need a better offer or we'll just keep him.