Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL!

I can't wait for @Outpost31 to reply to that article.  First thing I saw was the word "contending" instead of "winning".  Kindda made me cringe.

Well, as we saw in the Super Bowl, the difference between contending and winning is one team getting a penalty and the other getting a bogus whistle. 

40 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not saying I agree or not but interesting counter point

is it possible to win a title/make a super bowl with a high cap charge QB, yes.  You need to hit on rookies, find value in FA, get quality performance from your 2nd contract players and get comparable production from that high cap charge QB.

The last part of that is a big issue.  See  Prescott, Dak, Cousins, Kirk, Ryan, Matt, Flacco, Joe, etc, etc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Should we call him the Prince of Darkness now? Or maybe Dark Aaron? Hope he's getting enough Vitamin D in there. 

Personally, I'd love to see Dark Aaron.  

I mean it leads itself to Darth Vader references.  Or when he does something dumb on the field...Dank Aaron.

Or I can say that he's half of the band DV DA.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still not settled one way or another, but I knew I should have put money on that +600 Rodgers staying in GB. lmao. 

I don't know what to think .. the recent statements from Tom P. and this guy above could be the Packers trying to keep their trade market strong, or it could be truth.  Maybe the Packers brass is truly a bunch of cowards and is fearful of life beyond Rodgers.  I go back then and question why they ever rocked the boat in the first place by spending a #1 and a #4 on Love?  If they thought Rodgers might be slipping then you'd have to think that they think he might really be slipping now at 39 years old.  Hopefully the Packers have a price for trading Aaron and some team hits their sweet spot.  They still are yet to say that they definitely are not trading him.  They could put it all to bed with a simple statement, but they aren't doing it.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

is it possible to win a title/make a super bowl with a high cap charge QB, yes.  You need to hit on rookies, find value in FA, get quality performance from your 2nd contract players and get comparable production from that high cap charge QB.

The last part of that is a big issue.  See  Prescott, Dak, Cousins, Kirk, Ryan, Matt, Flacco, Joe, etc, etc

Yes you can. But, I'd assert that your "margin for error" is smaller, e.g., need a high draft hit percentage; need to avoid injuries to starters at key positions at least come playoff time, etc. Those things did not sufficiently happen for the Packers, at during the period of last two NFC Championship games against TB and San Fran.

Edited by DWhitehurst

I think we can categorically rule out retirement. If that was going to happen he wouldn't have taken this long to come to that decision (most players in all sports know when their time is up)

So that leaves coming back or being traded.

Whether Rodgers comes back will come down to how much longer he wants to keep playing.

• If he only sees himself laying one more year then the chances of getting value in a trade are low.
  • If he sees himself playing 2-3 more years then its up to the Packers to decide if thats in Green Bay (and if so what do they do with Love) or are they happy to let Rodgers leave and where would he like to go for that 2-3 years.

I'd be surprised if the Packers haven't had discussions with Rodgers around not having this circus repeat itself again next year and him needing to make a long term decision once and for all.

32 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

In regards to Rodgers returning…isn’t he due a massive bonus the week after the Super Bowl?  So wouldn’t a Rodgers return really be for the next 2 years?  If that’s the case, I have a hard time seeing that happen.  

Any return probably comes with a restructured contract which I have no doubt removes any bonuses due over the next 12 months