Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think Lazard and Rodgers are linked at all. It's just as likely we'd re-sign him with Rodgers or Love at QB.

I don’t think they are either, but I was just think it would be hilarious to watch the reaction of both them we’re back since many around here think it’s a forgone conclusion they’re both gone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I find it interesting how the Jets loved Carr when he visited with them.

They loved him so much that they let him leave the building.  LOL.

Or was it Carr who wanted to leave?  Evidently Carr wants to check all his options.  Of course NY is waiting, like the rest of us, for Rodgers' decision.

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I like Brandt, but he sure doesn't present a convincing argument in this article. I was looking forward to some real data but this article is a big nothing-burger.

I seriously doubt Brandt has any inside info of 1265 these days.

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone who doesn't want Lazard back at a fair price is just dumb. Really as simple as that. 10m per or lower and that's a fair deal for a good player. Above that, I'll take the comp pick.

Say Lazard is back, where do you put WR on a list of importance? Are we comfortable developing Toure and Melton, do we take a mid to late rounder to challenge those two, or do we need an early pick at the position regardless?

I am just looking for opinions, as I am unsure.  But if I thought that it was the last option, I think I would just let Lazard walk, take the comp pick and start rebuilding the room all together.  

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Say Lazard is back, where do you put WR on a list of importance? Are we comfortable developing Toure and Melton, do we take a mid to late rounder to challenge those two, or do we need an early pick at the position regardless?

I am just looking for opinions, as I am unsure.  But if I thought that it was the last option, I think I would just let Lazard walk, take the comp pick and start rebuilding the room all together.  

Day 2 pick still. The WR core still needs some upper tier talent/speed even with the hopeful progression of Watson and Doubs. Lazard is at his best when he's the 3-4 option on the field, not the 1 or 2. Which is another reason why I wouldn't pay him much to bring him back...but that's up to the FO. 

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

First, I'd love to have Lazard back, without Rodgers. Second, I'd still want a guy like a Jalin Wyatt in round 2 if he fell to us. That kind of speed in the slot would make us dangerous. We have Melton but he was a practice squad guy so can you count on him to be that guy? I'd say no. 

Free-agent WR Allen Lazard will be 'bougie' in picking next team after being 'spoiled' by time with Packers (nfl.com)

Lazard doesn't seem to be aware the Packers are going "to make an effort to keep him!"

Edited by Old Guy

50 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers has emerged from his hole. Here's hoping he saw his shadow, err came out with a burning desire to be a Jet.

Reality: He's going to announce he wants to remain a Packer and Murphy will see to it that his wish is granted.

Raider! They have a higher first round pick, and they are closer to CA. 

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers has emerged from his hole. Here's hoping he saw his shadow, err came out with a burning desire to be a Jet.

Reality: He's going to announce he wants to remain a Packer and Murphy will see to it that his wish is granted.

Hope Love gives them a giant middle finger the next day, putting a massive egg on the face of the sackless trio.

• Like 4