Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

17 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I understand being drunk enough to think 6’4” and 235 LB guys are college students. But the girls…no. Of course this only came up when we drove past Mark Chmuras infamous hot tub home. He was at camps with Derek Watt, too. Said Derek was legitimately cool and his mom was hot.

You drove past the infamous hot tub house?  That is all of about half a mile from where I live.   

54 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You drove past the infamous hot tub house?  That is all of about half a mile from where I live.   

Yes. You can still see the hot tub on google maps. I was inside a home on the other Legends course in HS to party that are similar. It was like they had four houses sewn together plus all the rooms from the game of Clue. Turned out to be paid for by crime.

5 hours ago, 15412 said:

It is not a witch hunt at all.  I give him kudo's for not bowing blindly to the storm trooper power structure by not taking the poke in the arm.  It's proven now to have been the correct decision, but even as a somewhat unknown it is a personal decision to be made by each citizen.  I also do not blame him for maneuvering for himself that bloated overpaid contract he has, that I blame the two fools at the top for who gave it to him.

In reality what is to be regretted is the deal in itself, not the player.  He is what he is at this point, and he got himself a whopper of a contract and lots of power with it.  I said it was a horrific deal then, and it is proven now.  The answer isn't so much to move away from Ol Rodg, it's to move away from that very bad deal right now.  To take your whipping and start healing the welts, right now.  The really sad thing for the organization is the opportunity cost, and that's not talked about enough.  The amount of treasure we could have got for him.  Now, you take what you can get and begin the cap healing process while starting the new era.

This is where I am at.  

Take away the contract and my heart would want him back for another crack at it. Last time, he was written off , he had two straight MVP years. A big part of me thinks he can do it again and wants to see him try.  If you could somehow write off the dead money (I know this is impossible), I would happy to let Love go and give it another go.

But with the contract it doesn't make sense. Its a terrible contract for Packers and this looks the last chance to make a relatively team friendly (ish) break. If Rodgers does come back then it could leave us in a very bad place for a number of years unless the front office is prepared to take a one or two year pure cap cleaning exercise which I don't think they will. Its absolutely the right time to move on.

In the same way, there are the cultish fanboys of Rodgers,  definitely seems to be cool to hate Rodgers. We had the pretty pitiful example of 'Packers fans' arguing on this forum over who had hated him for the longest. Its all a bit nuts. 

There are a lot of negative rumors floating about Rodgers. Supposedly he can ruin a locker room. Also, Peter King, take it for what it's worth, clams 4 teams in need of QB's want no part of him.

I think there is an effort to drive the price tag down for teams looking to acquire him. 

Also, the one thing that actually may drive his price tag down is how badly Russell Wilson played last year. Given what Denver got fleeced for it probably would make some team skittish. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

There are a lot of negative rumors floating about Rodgers. Supposedly he can ruin a locker room. Also, Peter King, take it for what it's worth, clams 4 teams in need of QB's want no part of him.

I think there is an effort to drive the price tag down for teams looking to acquire him. 

Also, the one thing that actually may drive his price tag down is how badly Russell Wilson played last year. Given what Denver got fleeced for it probably would make some team skittish. 

Though I have nothing to base this opinion on (fact-wise....) - I disagree.
AR's made too much noise in recent years and teams dont need the hassle. If he was five years younger....and a bit cheaper........I think there'd be more willingness to take him and his baggage on.

Pure conjecture on my part.

SI has ARod going to the Seahawks for the 1(5) and a 4th…

yes please,  and then trade down to a QB hungry team if Carter and Anderson are gone…

if either falls run the card up and grab them, and draft Bijon at 15, get 2 of the 3 best players in the draft.

Trade Dillon for a Safety or WR.

Edited by fattlipp

3 hours ago, fattlipp said:

yes please,  and then trade down to a QB hungry team if Carter and Anderson are gone…

if either falls run the card up and grab them, and draft Bijon at 15, get 2 of the 3 best players in the draft.

I could be on board with this. 

7 hours ago, fattlipp said:

I fail to see it. That's the same team that traded Russell. The same team that made the playoffs with a vastly cheaper Geno Smith. It's basically hoping Schneider is schizophrenic and borderline "Special Needs" to be taken advantage of like that.

7 hours ago, fattlipp said:

SI is as dumb as I am, then.  I opined Seattle as a possible Rodgers destination...and was told that I was very wrong.  Seattle can draft a QB of the future at #5, or they can roll with Geno, whom they really like and take an impact player at #5.

The odds of Rodgers going there are very, very slim.  

And...after I was told that...I agreed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

SI is as dumb as I am, then.  I opined Seattle as a possible Rodgers destination...and was told that I was very wrong.  Seattle can draft a QB of the future at #5, or they can roll with Geno, whom they really like and take an impact player at #5.

The odds of Rodgers going there are very, very slim.  

And...after I was told that...I agreed.  

I never understood the Love for Geno. He's a middle of the road starter, not going to get you to the dance. 

It's a possibility for sure. I think they moved on from Russ because he became too big for the building so the one caveat is do that want another person like that? 

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I never understood the Love for Geno. He's a middle of the road starter, not going to get you to the dance. 

It's a possibility for sure. I think they moved on from Russ because he became too big for the building so the one caveat is do that want another person like that? 

I love it when I read NFL Gen and guys are taking this one year from Geno and saying he's better than a lot of QB's who have done it at a higher level for the better part of a decade.

Geno has replicate last year for 3-4 years to earn that kind of respect from me.

Right now?  My respect for Carroll has increased.  I still do not personally like him, but he got the best out of Geno.  More than he got out of Russell.  

Regarding Rodgers....I don't know if his ego is really that big.  Like big enough to ruin a team.  I feel like if you have veteran leadership on team, he is going to thrive.  If you have a very young team, it is not going to go well.  Unless he brings his friends with him.   Either way, I think there are a lot of teams that would love to have his brain and his arm running their offense.