Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

10 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Well well well...he was in NY a few days ago.  As I suspected a lot going on behind the scenes.  So it comes out.  Vegas probably couldn't match the Jets offer to the Packers so they opted out.  Guess we'll be hearing about the trade very soon.  

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Nope! You lose every time if you go into a negotiation thinking you have a losing hand. 

I’m not going into a negotiation thinking I have a losing hand. I’m going into with a clear goal.

moving on and getting the 13 overall.

that’s is my goal. I don’t feel that is losing. Everyone here can be like we can get more of Rodgers… etc. I’m focus on moving forward.

Gotta think if Rodgers is talking with the Jets, the Packers probably have a deal in place with the Jets and are allowing Rodgers to talk with them.

We'll see where this goes?

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

If this report is true, that means they're letting Rodgers talk to other teams. Which has to mean he's getting traded... right?

It sure does.  Think Jets had an offer in place with the Packers that Vegas wouldn't match.  Thus the reversal in interest.  If Rodgers is open to going to the Jets sounds to me like the trade is imminent.  We'll see maybe a dark horse may enter the fray at the last minute.  This is quite the tweet.  

40 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well well well...he was in NY a few days ago.  As I suspected a lot going on behind the scenes.  So it comes out.  Vegas probably couldn't match the Jets offer to the Packers so they opted out.  Guess we'll be hearing about the trade very soon.  

Let’s goooo

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah man.  I will always be a huge Aaron Rodgers fan.  I'd have to say he's my all time favorite Packer.  But it's time.  Hope he finds success in NY.  

Same here. I badly wanted to capitalize and trade him last year, and even more so this year even though the compensation won’t be good. 

But it’s doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the good times. Guy played incredible on the SB run and most other seasons, and I feel very lucky to have been in Jerryworld to see it all go down. I’ll never forget any of it. 

• Like 1

I hope he's gone, obviously. I don't see the Jets being a good marriage. They have young receivers and Rodgers won't jell with them. His only chance is the Raiders with Adams, Renfrow and Waller. That is the ideal marriage for Rodgers.

Either way, just be glad when he's traded and out of here. 

Enjoy the memories, wish him luck, it's time. 

If Rodgers is traded, the number one reason the Jets are going to be appealing to him is that he doesn't need to learn a new offense and the terminology is probably close to the very same as in GB. For the Packers, by trading him to the Jets it almost guarantees that they will never face Rodgers in a real game for the remainder of his career. 

And then there is the little thing that the Jets are probably the only team willing to part with real draft capital to obtain him, so there is that.  

20 minutes ago, R T said:

If Rodgers is traded, the number one reason the Jets are going to be appealing to him is that he doesn't need to learn a new offense and the terminology is probably close to the very same as in GB. For the Packers, by trading him to the Jets it almost guarantees that they will never face Rodgers in a real game for the remainder of his career. 

And then there is the little thing that the Jets are probably the only team willing to part with real draft capital to obtain him, so there is that.  

So, it's basically the perfect spot for both Aaron and the Packers.  Yes!  Get it done.  Hopefully we are getting pick #13 and #43 .. I think that's key to giving us the ammo to get some weapons for Love and also getting defensive needs filled in those first couple rounds.

Edited by {Family Ghost}