Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

38 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I agree with you.  The offense will be better if we stick to running a purer form of the LaFleur offense.  Lean on that running game a bit more and hopefully we can add some pieces that will help down the field.  The hardest part will be winning the close games .. as Gute said it takes a while for young QB's to learn how to win.  That will be a challenge.

It all sounds great...and familiar.

Because this was the battle cry last year too when Adams left.

We all came up with that awesome group thought that was Lazard being fine as a #1 because of more opportunity.  And we'd run more.  And we drafted defense, so the defense will be better.

Only we didn't really run more.  Lazard did not pick up much slack and the others didn't either.  And Barry sank our defense for most of the year.

So here we are again, only we are hoping for all of that while possibly breaking in a first year starter at QB.

I think Love can fix a lot of what was wrong with the offense last year by playing within the system.  It's the defense that give me a reason to pause, because Barry will be Barry.

• Like 1

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Somewhere, there is an Aaron Rodgers fan in a stage of denial so deep they are telling themselves he was given permission to speak to to Jets so he can tell them he doesn't want to be traded...

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It all sounds great...and familiar.

Because this was the battle cry last year too when Adams left.

We all came up with that awesome group thought that was Lazard being fine as a #1 because of more opportunity.  And we'd run more.  And we drafted defense, so the defense will be better.

Only we didn't really run more.  Lazard did not pick up much slack and the others didn't either.  And Barry sank our defense for most of the year.

So here we are again, only we are hoping for all of that while possibly breaking in a first year starter at QB.

I think Love can fix a lot of what was wrong with the offense last year by playing within the system.  It's the defense that give me a reason to pause, because Barry will be Barry.

Yeah .. I really thought Aaron would be able to carry that offense last year, but he mailed in the offseason and then struggled thru the season with the rest of the guys.  A big flop.  If Love takes over this year it's up to LaFleur to get an offense on the field that they can win with.  If it's a mess then the Packers probably need a new head coach and a new QB.  These are answers we need to get though.  It's time to find some things out.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Somewhere, there is an Aaron Rodgers fan in a stage of denial so deep they are telling themselves he was given permission to speak to to Jets so he can tell them he doesn't want to be traded...

Yeah .. i'm 95 percent thinking Aaron is gone, but then you see Rapoport's tweet talking about due diligence.  Makes me think Aaron could end up saying thanks to the Jets for showing him the love, but that he wants to stay with the Packers.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. i'm 95 percent thinking Aaron is gone, but then you see Rapoport's tweet talking about due diligence.  Makes me think Aaron could end up saying thanks to the Jets for showing him the love, but that he wants to stay with the Packers.

Or that LV is next?

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This is true...but based on recent public reports / leaks, it seems pretty clear GB's saying they want him gone.
Would he really want to return there?

I figure the contract's a push. It's doubtful AR's gonna have to lose money to move. So you've got one team that wants you......where do you go?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

That somewhere is here.

Take your pick. 

• Like 1