Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, skibrett15 said:

First and a 2024 first or a high first and a 3rd was what I said back in october.  Not sure where 13 slots in, I guess maybe 13 and a 2nd in 2024 which is conditional and can go to a first if he plays in 2024?

That would be fun, means the Packers are rooting against Rodgers and the Jets

If there isn't at least (1) 1st in there somewhere it's a farce of a return.

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

First and a 2024 first or a high first and a 3rd was what I said back in october.  Not sure where 13 slots in, I guess maybe 13 and a 2nd in 2024 which is conditional and can go to a first if he plays in 2024?

That would be fun, means the Packers are rooting against Rodgers and the Jets

I'm guessing we're asking for:

2023 1st

2023 2nd

2024 conditional 2nd

2025 conditional 2nd

And it will be negotiated down from there.

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Trade him for less than we got for Favre to the exact same team. That'll sure rattle his fragile ego cage.

No, let's inflate his ego and our return. Then he won't be motivated to prove who badly we allowed ourselves to get screwed in the trade. 

I want him walking into the Jets locker room with everybody knowing how much they had to give up for two years of his bull****. 

My fear is the Jets met him for a few hours and after talking ran for the hills. 

Edited by Old Guy

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm guessing we're asking for:

2023 1st

2023 2nd

2024 conditional 2nd

2025 conditional 2nd

And it will be negotiated down from there.

I don't think we'll get all that though - especially not both the 1st and 2nd in 2023.  Conditional picks on whether he plays or not don't seem that likely to cash either - I'd take the locked in picks rather than things that are contingent on Rodgers continuing to play.

It's pretty clear the Packers are just looking for a "fair" deal and to move on to Love.  When you look at the Russell Wilson deal, that was 2x 1sts, and approximately 3x 2nds for a 5 year commitment, getting a 1st and a 2nd for a 2 year likely commitment from Rodgers is a fair return I think.

• Like 1

-You got a TE? Trade him. Won’t throw to him. You got a middle on your field? Shrink it. Won’t use it. You got a running back great in space? Tell him to start practicing running the football more than catching because I won’t be there during OTAs to tell him myself.

I also won’t play any preseason games.

Nor will I throw the ball on 4th down. Sack’s better for my legacy because I can blame it on someone else.

Timeouts? I’ll use two a game, even if we’re trailing so we better not be trailing.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Nah he just inferred we are all idiots for expecting decent compensation for Rodgers.  But when asked what RT thought we should receive crickets.  Typical.  Put yourself out there RT tell us what you think the trade package should be.  I'm on record #1 and a player this year.  Conditional #2 next year. 

You are just throwing **** at the wall in the dark, like the people that use to come to my dealership and negotiate a price before they even knew what they are buying. To put a value on Rodgers without knowing how the terms of the contract will be handled is ...well, throwing **** at the wall. Typical. 

A crude rule of thumb back when the Jimmy Johnson value chart was used by many teams was 20K for each value point, adjusted for cap inflation would be around 35K a point now. Interesting enough the Jets 2nd round pick is valued at 470 on the chart, 470x35K =16,450,000 which is roughly the amount that the Jets would like the Packers to eat on this deal (if it happens). So, we have a swing in trade value of the Jets 2nd round pick just off of the unknown of how the contract is handled. But don't let detailed like that get in the way of spewing the liquid manure. 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

This forum is smarter than the average fans. "Lots" would have cut Rodgers to appease God-King Favre and named him starter for life

Haha while the smrt kids think so the wonderful things about sports and the world is that it takes all kinds. Hind site is always 20/20 none of us had he luxury of picking and choosing. Half of this forum would have done that the other half wanted to keep BF. So no this forum is not smarter.

Even better when your goal is success how do you trade away one of the biggest reasons for that success. TT had some stones that's for sure. We'll see if Gute does, and it could easily blow up if Love sucks. What are the other fans going to do at that point if that happens? we will al see i guess. 

Edited by PACKRULE

Part of me wants him gone to see what most of you absolute AR complainers will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of him. Especially the way we build a team around QB's. But that will change like it did in years past.  

Sheesh the way a few people post about AR on here it's like he is doing your daughter dirty or something. They guy got paid yes, but dam he did provide some absolute success to the team for the last how many years.

Be looking forward to his trade all you want but you don't have to treat the guy like he did you dirty, he didn't. YOU yeah you with your own agent would have done all the same things in his place. The forum colors are red on here but for most dam fans it's green with envy.

Show some gratitude for what the guy has done here. No wonder this forum gets so much **** on here from every other board. Bunch of blow hard know it alls. 

Sad really. 

7 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Part of me wants him gone to see what most of you absolute AR complainers will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of him. Especially the way we build a team around QB's. But that will change like it did in years past.  

Sheesh the way a few people post about AR on here it's like he is doing your daughter dirty or something. They guy got paid yes, but dam he did provide some absolute success to the team for the last how many years.

Be looking forward to his trade all you want but you don't have to treat the guy like he did you dirty, he didn't. YOU yeah you with your own agent would have done all the same things in his place. The forum colors are red on here but for most dam fans it's green with envy.

Show some gratitude for what the guy has done here. No wonder this forum gets so much **** on here from every other board. Bunch of blow hard know it alls. 

Sad really. 

(get off your knees)

9 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Sad really. 

Its not really wanting him gone but it is more about knowing when to move on. As they say its better to move on a year early than a year late. Rodgers had his time here and it was a good run but the team will be better going forward and long term trading him now. Holding onto him for another year or two may provide a slightly better outcome in the short term but the long term would suffer. Get something in return for him and build around Love.