Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If you stop quoting him you save a bunch of us from having to see his posts, FYI :)

Make it go away. Can't bring a differing view to the board, gotta love it. Not like you make for the best reading on here. Pass on by. 

Edited by PACKRULE

9 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I think that's a very objective or even truthful look at it. At this point Love is not even remotely at a caliber of AR. Anyone who says different is lying. There has been nothing to show that he is. Does not mean I want Love to fail, absolutely not. Would be awesome / ideal if he pans out. Especially if we can get any sort of decent return for AR if he is traded. That is twice though that you have tried to put words in my mouth. My point above in bold is very clear, no hate whatsoever. Just truth. 

There is no way for you to make that statement.  Rodgers has clearly regressed this past season.  Love is young has legs and will be coming into his prime.  For all we know Love may come in and light the league on fire next season.  Before making such statements let's see what Love has got.   There is a reason the Packers want to turn the page.  Just sayin'

58 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Cutting ties with Rodgers now just seems like the logical thing to do.  Cutting ties with Rodgers a year ago would have taken some stones.

It's better to get rid of a guy a year too early instead of a year too late.  He was looking pretty cooked during that 49'ers playoff game.  Then he looked kind of cooked for all of 2022.  

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think we'll get all that though - ....

It's pretty clear the Packers are just looking for a "fair" deal and to move on to Love.  .... getting a 1st and a 2nd for a 2 year likely commitment from Rodgers is a fair return I think.

I agree.  I'd not be surprised or complain with less. 

RT has noted $$ factors.  The Jets would like both Gute and Rodgers to make things more Jets-friendly.  How much Rodgers and/or Gute accommodate will impact his value to them.  

Players factor, too.  Jets may wish to offload a salaried player to clear cap?  Packers may accept a lesser pick if they get a player they like?

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

There is no way for you to make that statement.  Rodgers has clearly regressed this past season.  Love is young has legs and will be coming into his prime.  For all we know Love may come in and light the league on fire next season.  Before making such statements let's see what Love has got.   There is a reason the Packers want to turn the page.  Just sayin'

There is nothing wrong with my statment that Love is not in AR's caliber.

You actually supported my point with the bold. You have no idea, I have no idea, no one does have an idea on Love yet. Yes he could light the league on fire or burn on his own. I merely stated that as an unknown he is not in AR's caliber that is true, until such time as he does perform. Not sure what was upsetting bout that. I want Love to succeed. Very much so, but at this point he hasn't shown it. 

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think we'll get all that though - especially not both the 1st and 2nd in 2023.  Conditional picks on whether he plays or not don't seem that likely to cash either - I'd take the locked in picks rather than things that are contingent on Rodgers continuing to play.

It's pretty clear the Packers are just looking for a "fair" deal and to move on to Love.  When you look at the Russell Wilson deal, that was 2x 1sts, and approximately 3x 2nds for a 5 year commitment, getting a 1st and a 2nd for a 2 year likely commitment from Rodgers is a fair return I think.

I don't either. Why I said negotiate down from that. I still think we get equivalent value to about pick 10. Maybe:

2023 pick 13

2023 3rd

2025 conditional 3rd with a low threshold for becoming a 2nd (i.e. Rodgers is rostered) and a higher threshold to become another first.

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

There is nothing wrong with my statment that Love is not in AR's caliber.

You actually supported my point with the bold. You have no idea, I have no idea, no one does have an idea on Love yet. Yes he could light the league on fire or burn on his own. I merely stated that as an unknown he is not in AR's caliber that is true, until such time as he does perform. Not sure what was upsetting bout that. I want Love to succeed. Very much so, but at this point he hasn't shown it. 

Ughhh...yes actually there is.  You are trying to compare the two of them.  Can't do it in any way shape or form.  Love is an unknown.  Not exactly impressed with what we saw from Rodgers last season either. 

The Packers are ready to move on what does that tell you?  If the Packers felt that Love wasn't in AR's caliber as you suggest do you think they would trade him?  

Rest my case.  

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Haha while the smrt kids think so the wonderful things about sports and the world is that it takes all kinds. Hind site is always 20/20 none of us had he luxury of picking and choosing. Half of this forum would have done that the other half wanted to keep BF. So no this forum is not smarter.

Even better when your goal is success how do you trade away one of the biggest reasons for that success. TT had some stones that's for sure. We'll see if Gute does, and it could easily blow up if Love sucks. What are the other fans going to do at that point if that happens? we will al see i guess. 

If Love sucks we try again next year with Caleb Williams or whatever top QB tickles the fancy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ughhh...yes actually there is.  You are trying to compare the two of them.  Can't do it in any way shape or form.  Love is an unknown.  Not exactly impressed with what we saw from Rodgers last season either. 

The Packers are ready to move on what does that tell you?  If the Packers felt that Love wasn't in AR's caliber as you suggest do you think they would trade him?  

Rest my case.  

i'm sorry I don't agree with you. You typed it again yourself. He's an unknown. AR has been a known that is all i said, how can i put an unknown players ability into a known players ability. You can't so he's not in that caliber, you know until he is.

Not saying Love is not going to be good, not hating on him you don't need to defend him against me.

Anyone saying he is in AR's caliber is just not looking at it through clear glasses. That is all you can rest your case all you want, you keep saying he's an unknown and I AGREE WITH YOU. Not saying he won't be awesome. But how the f**K can i say he's in AR's caliber when he's a F**cking unknown. I'm sorry I'm boggled Scoremore i don't want to argue with you on this. I want Love to succeed but he hasn't yet. He hasn't done squat.

Noting that the GB wants to move on from AR doesn't mean that Love is in AR's caliber. let him play a bit and see. But the current value of Love is not in AR's caliber. Maybe someday, dam hopefully but currently he hasn't done sh*t.

7 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

If Love sucks we try again next year with Caleb Williams or whatever top QB tickles the fancy. 

I said that a while back yes, if Love stinks we may have enough ammo to move on quickly. Nothing wrong with that. Lets hope Love shines. 

• Like 1

Just now, PACKRULE said:

I said that a while back yes, if Love stinks we may have enough ammo to move on quickly. Nothing wrong with that. Lets hope Love shines. 

If Love flames out, is there any chance at all we start hearing the J. Geils classic in opposing stadiums?  Just thinking about the possibility makes me giggle a little bit.

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

i'm sorry I don't agree with you. You typed it again yourself. He's an unknown. AR has been a known that is all i said, how can i put an unknown players ability into a known players ability. You can't so he's not in that caliber, you know until he is.

Not saying Love is not going to be good, not hating on him you don't need to defend him against me.

Anyone saying he is in AR's caliber is just not looking at it through clear glasses. That is all you can rest your case all you want, you keep saying he's an unknown and I AGREE WITH YOU. Not saying he won't be awesome. But how the f**K can i say he's in AR's caliber when he's a F**cking unknown. I'm sorry I'm boggled Scoremore i don't want to argue with you on this. I want Love to succeed but he hasn't yet. He hasn't done squat.

Noting that the GB wants to move on from AR doesn't mean that Love is in AR's caliber. let him play a bit and see. But the current value of Love is not in AR's caliber. Maybe someday, dam hopefully but currently he hasn't done sh*t.

Rodgers used to be a known. I'd say he's just as much of an unknown as Love is at this point with his play as of recent. You don't know what kind of commitment he will have in the off-season.

I'd rather go with a younger unknown then an older unknown who has 2-3 years left at most and will most likely only regress.

The driver in the desire to trade Rodg is multi-faceted, but the gorilla who sits in the middle of it all is that insane contract to begin with.  A major move in the plus for GB if they can begin to move away from that mistake now.  It’s actually not a bad deal for the new team considering year one is a bargain.  In no way if I’m Gute do I take on any of that contract money beyond what we’re responsible for this year.  No matter where he plays, that contract will be re-structured.

So, in taking on no more future contract money what is the LEAST expected return for the old man?  I would say a 2, 3, and 6 this year.  A 3 next year and either a 1 or 2 depending on performance.  In 2025 either a 2 or 3 depending on performance.  No further comp if he retires before the start of that year.  Very likely that’s only 2 2’s, 2 3’s, and a 6.

The MOST??  That one’s tougher