Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Good or bad Jordan Love is going to sell a lot of crap at the T-shirt Shop

Spread the Love
Do what you Love
Live Laugh Love
One Lvoe
Honk if you Love Jordan
I Love Love
Peace and Love
I Love my Corgi
Love Wins * (I like this one)
Love is Love
Unconditionally And Irrevocably All In Love
Find what you Love
I love my public library
Let Love Rush In *
Love your mother
Big Love

"(Hate Can Not Drive Out Hate,) Only Love Can Do That. "- Dr. Martin Luther King
Honk If You Love ________! (noun or verb)
Believe in Love*
Abuse Is Not Love
The Power of Love*
I Love Shopping
Love Is A Terrible Thing To Hate
Faith Hope and Love
Choose Love
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind
Love Is Real
Love Is Sweet
Love Is the Answer
Love Is My Religion
Love Never Ends
Made With Love

I used google.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think you understand the definition of a throw in, it's something of little to no value added on as a lottery ticket. Another pick or Elijah Moore is not a throw in.

I put Moore out there because he wanted out already.

Agree that he is better than Mims.

And I'd still rather have a 5'th round pick than Mims, or something like that.  Just my preference.   And I consider a 5'th rounder a "throw in".

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I put Moore out there because he wanted out already.

Agree that he is better than Mims.

And I'd still rather have a 5'th round pick than Mims, or something like that.  Just my preference.   And I consider a 5'th rounder a "throw in".

I don’t think they will get a WR, more so Moore. If rumors are to be believed they really like Hyatt out of Tennessee. And if they can get NY’s 2nd rounder. That would be his range.

So they might just want Hyatt.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

How?  If we assume we don't get their first, or we swap firsts for this year, they still have a high pick.  They have a young, good defense.

And they haven't had a middling QB in forever.  With Rodgers, the worst they are getting for QB play is Top 12ish, right?

That's around what he was last year...playing with rookies at WR.  Sure he will be with new teammates, so maybe they will be better out of the gates than our rookies were with him.

And I totally expect that if Rodgers goes somewhere....he's taking friends with him.

I think the Jets with Rodgers are in the playoffs and do win a game.  Dude will be motivated, he's already quite good and he should have friends.

Gut feeling.  My rationale for that statement is this.  If he is as disinterested this offseason as he was last offseason in getting to know his new team and players, they will get off to a slow start. Even if he does show up, it will take him awhile to acclimate to these new players.  The New York press will be all over him if that happens and they won't treat him with kid gloves like the Green Bay press did. I think he will show cracks if that happens more often resulting in more turnovers and off target throws.

Second, my opinion of Rodgers is that he also is a descending talent. He sees things through a straw and locks onto one guy too often, hesitates making decisions, and his arm talent is not a great as it used to be (not surprising for a 39-year old) but maybe that's because he showed up to camp last year out of shape according to the McGinn article. Father time is winning as it always does. He is becoming less mobile and he is going to get hit more often.   

Third, at his age, he is more prone to injury, and when injured will take longer to heal. I would expect he will get injured again this year and it will adversely effect his play....just like what happened last year in Green Bay. I would not be surprised to see him miss 3-4 games this year. 

Fourth, I think that when a lot of teams played the Jets last year, they knew their offense stunk, so you could just tell your offense not to screw it up. That won't happen this year and their defense will be under more stress because of it. One of my best friends is a Jets fan and season ticket holder and he says that other teams definitely played very conservatively offensively against the Jets last year. He also thinks their offensive talent is overrated.

Finally, let Rodgers bring his posse from Green Bay.  They are as old as he is and not getting better.  Bringing them in would make it worse not better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

When listening to Kirwan and Miller on Sirius XM....they've been talking Rodgers a lot.

Both of them reiterated a point that is seldom made here.  Rodgers has the power.

It could be that he wants to play next year and he wants to be a Packer.  He can force that to happen.  Miller expects that to happen.  Kirwan was 50/50.  He thought that if another team showed him enough love, such as signing his friends, that would sway Rodgers.

Now...they've been wrong before, but that was a tune they were singing yesterday.

I’m still waiting for Kirwan to saying anything that makes any sense.

The bloated contract did indeed give the old man some power, especially last year.  But after this year the Packers seemingly decided to take a lot of that power back, which they should have done from day 1.  Sure they have to honor the contract, but they don’t have to honor any of his other wishes from who else is on the team to what system is going to be run.  That’s part of what forced the paradigm shift.  Rodgers has the money, but he has no more power than they were willing to give him.  Last year it was way too much, this year it was going to be loads different.  Suddenly moving on from GB didn’t seem so bad to Ol Rodg…..

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don’t think they will get a WR, more so Moore. If rumors are to be believed they really like Hyatt out of Tennessee. And if they can get NY’s 2nd rounder. That would be his range.

You have a source for that rumor?

24 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Who is the guy that pegged Quay going to the Packers last year?  That is the only person I am listening to from now on.

25 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Gut feeling.  My rationale for that statement is this.  If he is as disinterested this offseason as he was last offseason in getting to know his new team and players, they will get off to a slow start. Even if he does show up, it will take him awhile to acclimate to these new players.  The New York press will be all over him if that happens and they won't treat him with kid gloves like the Green Bay press did. I think he will show cracks if that happens more often resulting in more turnovers and off target throws.

Second, my opinion of Rodgers is that he also is a descending talent. He sees things through a straw and locks onto one guy too often, hesitates making decisions, and his arm talent is not a great as it used to be (not surprising for a 39-year old) but maybe that's because he showed up to camp last year out of shape according to the McGinn article. Father time is winning as it always does. He is becoming less mobile and he is going to get hit more often.   

Third, at his age, he is more prone to injury, and when injured will take longer to heal. I would expect he will get injured again this year and it will adversely effect his play....just like what happened last year in Green Bay. I would not be surprised to see him miss 3-4 games this year. 

Fourth, I think that when a lot of teams played the Jets last year, they knew their offense stunk, so you could just tell your offense not to screw it up. That won't happen this year and their defense will be under more stress because of it. One of my best friends is a Jets fan and season ticket holder and he says that other teams definitely played very conservatively offensively against the Jets last year. He also thinks their offensive talent is overrated.

Finally, let Rodgers bring his posse from Green Bay.  They are as old as he is and not getting better.  Bringing them in would make it worse not better. 

I get what you are saying, but let me counter...

1) If he's traded, he will have a chip on his shoulder.  They will get his best for a year.  Because if he doesn't look good, it shows that GB was right in moving on.  He will do everything he can to show that GB was not right.  And that's going to mean putting in the time with his new team.

2) Descending talent.  I thought he was descending too, back in the Mac days.  Then look what happened.  He very well could be descending, but his arm really is not.  If he trains his legs and core, he's going to be an elite QB, again.  If he doesn't?  He's top 13ish.  And really, that is a ton better than the Jets have had under center in while, right?  I think it's 50/50 whether he trains and gets better or will be similar to what he was last year.

3) Injuries are injuries.  He's not really been injury prone.  He's already old.  I think it is what it is.  

4) Jets offense.  You are kind of dead in the water without a QB, except against GB, right?  :)  Either way, Rodgers instantly makes that offense better.  They have a good to great young RB, Wilson outside and I think they have two vets at TE.  Not sure about their line, but I'm not sure about our last year either.

Rodgers instantly makes them better.  I get saying he won't, because that makes a "divorce" / trade easier to swallow, but the man would instantly make a large difference to that team and offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I am prepared to be not very happy with what Rodgers returns in a trade but I am still going to be happy about being done with diva watch year after year. 

I was more or less reconciled to poor(ish) compensation for Rodgers in trade after it didn't happen a year ago.  Just getting the trade done is what needs to happen now.

• Like 1