Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So I’m guessing that means this is Bakh last year. Because they would save like what 21.5 million if they cut him next year.

If so that makes OT at 15 a very likely selection. Unless they think they can catch lighting again in the 4th haha.

Tom is the future at LT

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

It, um, really doesn't look good.  40M off the books from Rodgers takes us from 20M over to 20M under the cap

Bakh will have a $35M cap hit, with 11M dead - so an obvious extension/cut canditate.

Gary needs a new deal or  replacement, Jaire, Clark, and Love are all over $20M in cap hit with Clark pretty quickly seeming overpriced as an expiring almost 30 year DT with 20M in void year dead cap hits from 2025-27.  Only 36 players are under contract, but with 2 draft classes I'm not worried about that really.  Just seems 1-2 star veteran players short like Gary, and instead we have vastly overpaid Bakh, Clark, Preston Smith, and Aaron Jones.

I'm curious, where are you getting your numbers from?

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I can't believe that guy .. what is he possibly waiting for?  Maybe he's expecting another team or two to jump in soon.

Not sure, but that could certainly be it. Being wooed by more teams would certainly soothe his ego. More competition certainly helps the Packers, but I am not sure there are as many teams interested in Rodgers, his attitude and salary especially given he is past his prime.

His choices at this time appear to be retirement or a trade because I just don't see him ending his career as a backup on the Packers. It is an important decision to make for sure but should it really be taking this long? Plus, he went through the same damn thing last season.

16 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So I’m guessing that means this is Bakh last year. Because they would save like what 21.5 million if they cut him next year.

If so that makes OT at 15 a very likely selection. Unless they think they can catch lighting again in the 4th haha.

Yeah I think the rough math is that Bakh would cost $40M to play, $18M if cut.

I doubt you draft an OT high this year. JRJ is in a contract year, Nijman is an RFA, Jenkins/Myers are probably locks to start. Tom coming off the bench to fill in at OT/C. Jenkins could play LT in 2024 too. So probably too many options to justify taking one at 15.

The longer this plays out tells me he's going to reject the offer. If he really wanted out of GB he would be gone. 

He has to be looking at the arms over in the AFC compared to the NFC. He has to be thinking he has a better chance at a SB staying in GB.

If he couldn't get past Jimmy G, Old man Brady or Goff, how in the world is he going to get by Mahomes, Allen and Burrow?

16 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The longer this plays out tells me he's going to reject the offer. If he really wanted out of GB he would be gone. 

He has to be looking at the arms over in the AFC compared to the NFC. He has to be thinking he has a better chance at a SB staying in GB.

If he couldn't get past Jimmy G, Old man Brady or Goff, how in the world is he going to get by Mahomes, Allen and Burrow?

Agree, but he might accept the Jets  last minute.  I think he wants to come back to GB but I believe Gute told him "his boys" aren't coming back.

Edited by NFLGURU