Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

34 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I didn't find anything awkward either. Wants to do what is in the best interest of AR and the Packers, and if a deal isnt right with the Jets would welcome AR back. A sign of mutual respect. Believes a Mar 15 deadline is best for all parties. Confident Love is ready to play. Seems reasonable to me. 

Murphy has done a great job as team President, growing the brand, developing the district around Lambeau field, and finding new sources of revenue generation. He is getting older and close to retirement,  but he's no where near a Trump level of mental instability.

Yeah, never understood the hate Murphy gets from fans.  Seems like he's done exactly the kind of stuff he should be doing for the organization, and doing it pretty well.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

$58.5M in projected cap space, but that doesn't factor a Rashan Gary extension and 5th year option for Jordan Love.

I think that is off. 

The cap projection has GB with $17M for 2024. 

Add $40.7 to that with Rodgers being off the roster but you also lessen the rollover that is factored into the original $17M do to the dead cap adding ~$8.7M

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The latest. Seems like the last domino is Rodgers'decision.

I think this is why Murphy said what he said, how he said it. 1. All the details are hammered out. There is no “leverage” to be given up anymore. And 2. By publicly saying, “we’ll take Aaron back if things don’t work out” it potentially prevents Aaron from trying the fake retirement angle. After all, we said we’d “have him back”!

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Anyone else get the impression Rodgers is caught off guard with how soft the market is for his services?

Definitely. At that golf tournament he was living large with fans of different teams hooting their desires at him. And then push came to shove and only one team wants him and they don’t even want to pay for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I didn't find anything awkward either. Wants to do what is in the best interest of AR and the Packers, and if a deal isnt right with the Jets would welcome AR back. A sign of mutual respect. Believes a Mar 15 deadline is best for all parties. Confident Love is ready to play. Seems reasonable to me. 

Murphy has done a great job as team President, growing the brand, developing the district around Lambeau field, and finding new sources of revenue generation. He is getting older and close to retirement,  but he's no where near a Joe Biden level of mental impairment.

Yea, I think it’s just click-baity reporters and talking heads making a mountain out of a molehill. He stumbled over his words a bit, but he said “unless”, which completely changes the meaning of what people think he was saying. When you watch the interview, the initial closed captioning didn’t even catch the word “if”. 

regardless, it changes nothing about the situation or trade value. They’ve already publicly stated many times that they think Love is “ready”. And every other NFL knows that if GB truly thinks Love is ready, GB will most definitely want to try to find a way to avoid paying Rodgers’ $58m option bonus. But they also know that the only team that can give them an Aaron Rodgers right now is GB. All the cards are on the table. 

8 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

gotta wonder if stafford being put on the market is effort by lar to drive down his value

I don't wonder that at all. I think Stafford is totally done.

I think it's just that most teams don't want to deal with Aaron the person. They find him off-putting.

Edited by incognito_man