Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Love Rodgers, but its time to clean the barn.  Get new blood in there, start fresh, see if Love will throw to the open guy.  Let's him continue to develop his relationships with his teammates.  GROW!!!!

I'd love to see a video of Love getting the phone call saying:  "You're Up Kid"  that would be cool.

Edited by NFLGURU

Random question regarding Bakhtiari that has been lingering in my mind.    I have not looked into his contract as subsequent tweets seemed to clarify my question but....

The ORIGINAL tweet that I saw from Fowler regarding Bakhtiari's restructured contract said (paraphrasing) The Packers have restructured his contract, per sources, converting $9.5 million INTO  a March roster bonus and $5.5 million of his 2023 base salary into a guaranteed signing bonus.  This will lesson....

All subsequent messaging and reporting has been that Bakh restructured his roster bonus and base into a signing bonus which seemed to make more sense if we planned to keep him..   I'm assuming the original tweet from Fowler was just incorrect in its wording

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Neither of those statements make any sense at all.   Sometimes I think Rodgers is the stupidest smart guy I know.

Seatbelt laws come to mind regarding sentence 1.    Forcing children to take cough medicine at home or flouride at the dentist comes to mind.

EVERY disease comes to mind regarding sentence 2.     Or has "Dr Eli David" never seen anyone tested for but not knowing they had..cancer?

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty sure we just took Davis' HC from WMU and made him our offensive consultant.

I wouldn't be displeased with Davis. Toss him like a 2/20 extension, convert that 10m to SB and he'd have like a 4.5 cap hit for this season. Not going to find anything better in FA than Davis for that price.

Or they could just wait for him to be released if they are really interested him and start anew without the 10.5M anchor.  

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Neither of those statements make any sense at all.   Sometimes I think Rodgers is the stupidest smart guy I know.

Seatbelt laws come to mind regarding sentence 1.    Forcing children to take cough medicine at home or flouride at the dentist comes to mind.

EVERY disease comes to mind regarding sentence 2.     Or has "Dr Eli David" never seen anyone tested for but not knowing they had..cancer?

The attempted point in this post is based on nothing but opinion and sound asleep woke propaganda.  

6 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Sorry, but this is a farcical comparison.

It’s not a “comparison” - it is showing why this succinctly worded tweet that sounds smart because of how simple it is, is actually stupid. Almost any “illness” could stand in for cancer. It doesn’t make the statement smart. 

• Like 1

Now as far as the best landing spot for Ol Rodg I don’t believe it’s with the Jets.  It is a good one but I believe there is one better, but they’re not interested.  I hope we get a fair return, which will still be a fraction of what we could have had.

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

Sorry, but this is a farcical comparison.

My mother had cancer.  She did not know and had no direct symptoms.    It was determined after testing.   That is farcical how?

My co-worker in his low 40's had cancerous polyps removed from his colon recently.   Guess what - no symptoms - determined by testing.   

My client went in for a routine physical and had cancer throughout his internal organs.  No symptoms, dead 3 months later.  Farcical.

I had mono when I was younger.   Seems no one knew until I was tested.   Subsequently lost 20 lbs and very sick for a couple weeks.   That is farcical how?

Uncomfortable truth does not make something farcical.  Denial does

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

It’s not a “comparison” - it is showing why this succinctly worded tweet that sounds smart because of how simple it is, is actually stupid. Almost any “illness” could stand in for cancer. It doesn’t make the statement smart. 

Again, I don’t care if AR12 got vaccinated or not. I honestly don’t - I have friends that I love dearly that are not. This guy was just the QB of my football team. 

But these guys who think they’re free thinkers and not sheep just because they follow some other shepherd really are something else. The guy clearly thinks he is so much smarter and more enlightened than anyone else.

Edit: maybe this is too personal to me, because I am actually in the medical science/testing field (specifically leukemias). I don’t get my feathers ruffled by skeptical people who don’t personally want to take this stuff or receive certain treatments, but I do get my feathers ruffled by basic appeals against logic like “deadly illnesses wouldn’t have to be tested for to be identified” - that is my entire life’s work. It’s galling.

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The attempted point in this post is based on nothing but opinion and sound asleep woke propaganda.  

Needing to get tested to get a diagnosis of any disease is now opinion and propaganda?  Even you can't take yourself seriously with that.    My rebuttal wasn't even promoting COVID or vaccinations.  The tweet made -0- sense and is easily rebutted.

&*^& old people need to stop saying "woke" They are hard to take seriously.  Like those that wear purple bandaids on their cheeks and wave flip flops around.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I tried typing out a response but the site was glitchy. I read that tweet and knew that anyone who could actually find significance in that nonsense is a deeply, deeply stupid person at their core. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I tried typing out a response but the site was glitchy. I read that tweet and knew that anyone who could actually find significance in that nonsense is a deeply, deeply stupid person at their core. 

This ^

• Like 1