Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

9 minutes ago, Pool said:

Zero chance you'd get the 7th overall for Jordan Love. Zero.

You forgot to add IMO to the end of your comment, unless you work for the Raiders FO and then you forgot to add that you work for the Raiders FO. 

25 minutes ago, R T said:

Rodgers returns to GB and the Packers trade Love to the Raiders for the 7th overall pick. 

Gutes words, 'Jordan needs to play' is stuck in my head. If by chance Rodgers returns I think they move Love and Mr. A will be tap dancing all over this forum. 

I'd throw up. I don't want to trade Love for that pick.

Just now, incognito_man said:

It's a great return for Love, but not based in reality.  We'd have to start the process over again when it comes to the QB of the future.  No thanks ... We've got a guy in Love that is worth moving forward with now.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It's a great return for Love, but not based in reality.  We'd have to start the process over again when it comes to the QB of the future.  No thanks ... We've got a guy in Love that is worth moving forward with now.  

I'd take Love for sure over everyone but Richardson in this draft. I'd have to dig into Richardson more before knowing for sure how I feel about that.

But yep, give me Love right now over Young, Stroud and Levis for sure.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yah we would be stuck with an aging Rodgers and no QB behind him.  Not a pleasant thought.  I wouldn't do that trade either.  Top 4 QB's will already be off the board.  Raiders wouldn't do it but they would be smart to.  I'd take Love over any of those guys right now.  He's been groomed for 3 years and is ready to start now.  All the other rooks are going to struggle early on.  Nah Love is our guy and we aren't going to trade him.  

I still don't like his release.  But he was accurate and decisive with the ball.  Footwork and pocket presence much improved.  He'll make some mistakes his first year starting but think he'll be an above average starter Year 1. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Yep. Nobody remembers what players we got for the Favre trade. All we care is that the next guy was better.

I believe they used the pick they got for Favre to trade back up into round 1 and take Clay Matthews 

Edited by LacyIsGood
  • Like 1

Why ya'll so terrified of a post era, with no QB in site? The day Rodgers retired - hypothetically as a Packer - I expected a 2 win season, GREAT!!! The league has set itself up to ease that transition financially better than ever, ever, before. Hell The Eagles just burned through a handful of QB's for the hell of it on their way to finding their guy, in the 2nd round, immediately after giving Wentz a giant deal that some folks thought was un-moveable. If your GM is worth his pay grade, then he can and will move assets needed to right the ship... or not, same with offering these crippling contracts. Not the players fault, they signed on the dotted line.

15 minutes ago, R T said:

You forgot to add IMO to the end of your comment, unless you work for the Raiders FO and then you forgot to add that you work for the Raiders FO. 

I don't think I do. In the real world inexperienced 3rd year QB's don't get traded for top 10 picks. 

3 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Why ya'll so terrified of a post era, with no QB in site? The day Rodgers retired - hypothetically as a Packer - I expected a 2 win season, GREAT!!! The league has set itself up to ease that transition financially better than ever, ever, before. Hell The Eagles just burned through a handful of QB's for the hell of it on their way to finding their guy, in the 2nd round, immediately after giving Wentz a giant deal that some folks thought was un-moveable. If your GM is worth his pay grade, then he can and will move assets needed to right the ship... or not, same with offering these crippling contracts. Not the players fault, they signed on the dotted line.

You  could be looking at multiple years of suckage.  Drafting a QB is a crapshoot to begin with.  Second even if you do hit on a guy it takes a few years of development for him to get good.  Rookie QB's in general are going to suck until they get acclimated to the NFL.  Just the way it is.  Like how the Packers go about there business.  Draft and develop.  They just invested 3 years grooming Love to take over.  Did it the right way.

Franchise QB's don't grow on trees.  Jets haven't had one in over 50 years.  Yes being without a franchise QB is a scary thought.  Because your team is going to suck until you find one.  It isn't easy and takes involves some luck.  So you go 2-15 after Rodgers retires.  Draft a QB with you high pick.  Have no QB so you are forced to play him in year 1.  He busts rinse and repeat.  Nah man bad plan.  Bottom line you don't want to get caught without a QB or you are screwed.  This is why teams are so desperate and contracts have gotten out of hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You  could be looking at multiple years of suckage.  Drafting a QB is a crapshoot to begin with.  Second even if you do hit on a guy it takes a few years of development for him to get good.  Rookie QB's in general are going to suck until they get acclimated to the NFL.  Just the way it is.  Like how the Packers go about there business.  Draft and develop.  They just invested 3 years grooming Love to take over.  Did it the right way.

Franchise QB's don't grow on trees.  Jets haven't had one in over 50 years.  Yes being without a franchise QB is a scary thought.  Because your team is going to suck until you find one.  It isn't easy and takes involves some luck.  So you go 2-15 after Rodgers retires.  Draft a QB with you high pick.  Have no QB so you are forced to play him in year 1.  He busts rinse and repeat.  Nah man bad plan.  Bottom line you don't want to get caught without a QB or you are screwed.  This is why teams are so desperate and contracts have gotten out of hand. 

Yeah, you never know. I think we take for granted sometimes that like 1 out of the 32 teams in the NFL "did a thing" and it worked, like now everyone can just do that. Oh they did it, 1 out of damn 32 did it, so we can, it's easy! 

There's plenty of teams trying the same kind of stuff and being stuck in purgatory or suck mode for ages. I have faith that crap doesn't happen here but still.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

While true, he would probably have grown even more being the starter. And we would have had more draft picks for Rodgers, and more cap space. 

Not trading him last year hurts. We'll see how much soon enough. Hopefully everything Love does in his career makes this an irrelevant footnote in the annals.

Clements would've never come here if we traded Rodgers, and starting a QB before their ready has shown us countless times they regress, not grow.