Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are FAs going to wait for Rodgers? Why would I sign with the Jets before he announces? There's a deadline for his decision and it's Wednesday. I'd move on to Jimmy G if I was NY.

Are we sure FA will flock to play with Rodgers?  Has that been seen in the last decade?

I agree that NYJ should have leaked an interest in having JimmyG in once tampering starts.  I'd have done that late last week.

Just now, squire12 said:

Are we sure FA will flock to play with Rodgers?  Has that been seen in the last decade?

I agree that NYJ should have leaked an interest in having JimmyG in once tampering starts.  I'd have done that late last week.

Have we ever had Rodgers on a 15m cap hit to find out? The Jets are setup better than we were to chase it.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Do the Jets want to bruise Rodgers ego with that stunt? I mean he would tell them to go pound sand by not making a decision until it was too late for the Jets. 

On 3/10/2023 at 4:15 PM, pgwingman said:

I think that would be functionally impossible. Rodgers option bonus leave $45M in dead cap, and his signing bonus would leave another $24M in dead cap that would all have to go on to the 2024 cap. Love's $20M salary would be that year too. So $89M in the QB room.

That's what I was looking for.  Thank you.

So if Rodgers really wanted to "stick it to" the Packers organization (and I don't think he does), he comes back to GB and forces us into a losing situation, cap wise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Do the Jets want to bruise Rodgers ego with that stunt? I mean he would tell them to go pound sand by not making a decision until it was too late for the Jets. 

Rodgers ego is going to get bruised regardless.   I guess the NYJ don't know that yet

Just now, squire12 said:

Pish posh.... I've been told plenty of FA would come to GB.  It's a great place for stuff many NFL players like to do.

I know you're joking ha but as someone that's been to Green Bay and out to the bars on a Saturday night, in the winter, when the Packers are out of town...yeah. 

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Packer fans are going to be in for a rude awakening in the FA world when Rodgers leaves. 

It's definitely time for Rodgers to go, but Jordan Love isn't bringing anybody to Green Bay until he establishes himself, and even then, Green Bay is a tough sell.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Packer fans are going to be in for a rude awakening in the FA world when Rodgers leaves. 

It's definitely time for Rodgers to go, but Jordan Love isn't bringing anybody to Green Bay until he establishes himself, and even then Green Bay is a tough sell.

Citation needed for exactly who Rodgers brought to Green Bay as a free agent? 

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

It's definitely time for Rodgers to go, but Jordan Love isn't bringing anybody to Green Bay until he establishes himself, and even then Green Bay is a tough sell.

No I think you are going to be in for a rude awakening when all the doom and gloom you've predicted doesn't shake out. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Citation needed for exactly who Rodgers brought to Green Bay as a free agent? 

I don't think he ever brought anyone here.  He may have had a slight hand in Martellus Bennett or Jimmy Graham, but the Packers paid up to get both.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think he ever brought anyone here.  He may have had a slight hand in Martellus Bennett or Jimmy Graham, but the Packers paid up to get both.

That was my whole point. Suddenly Green Bay won't be getting free agents because Rodgers is gone is nonsense. 

• Like 1