Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

You don't make that trade any day if you think Love is the next Rodgers.

That depends.

If I have Rodgers and Love, which I do now, I make that trade.  I load up knowing that I can draft my QB next year.

If I don't have Rodgers?  Then I have to pause for a second.  But still, you value Love more than I do right now.

And you are going to have to pay Jordan quickly, whereas a rookie has time.

That's why I'm not 100% with you.  More like 66.6% with you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well, he's not a rookie. Which has pros and cons.

getting a rookie qb in this draft with a top pick is probably better than Love considering the longer window of the rookie contract.  Even if love plays decent to good he'll command a Daniel Jones type deal which is not a good start to building a SB winner.  If he plays great he'll be more in the Lamar Jackson range which is even tougher.

I'd deal Love for a top rookie QB unless you think he's as good as Josh Allen or the QBs in this class are all trash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

I'd deal Love for a top rookie QB unless you think he's as good as Josh Allen or the QBs in this class are all trash

I'm gaining confidence in Jordan Love by the hour as this plays out. It sure seems like our staff and players believe he's living up to his potential. 

And he has a really high ceiling.

Why would I trade the guy after he's apparently hit? For an unknown.

I think the entire world outside of 1265 is wildly underrating Jordan Love right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

getting a rookie qb in this draft with a top pick is probably better than Love considering the longer window of the rookie contract.  Even if love plays decent to good he'll command a Daniel Jones type deal which is not a good start to building a SB winner.  If he plays great he'll be more in the Lamar Jackson range which is even tougher.

This is exactly the reason his existence on the roster, in addition to other issues of punting that draft completely while trying to win a SB, is malpractice. 

Ya'll hate $50 mil average for an aging HoFer a year removed from a double MVP campaign? Well average to below average QB's just set the market for close to $40, THIS yer... that cost only goes the F up from there. 

• Like 1