Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

getting a rookie qb in this draft with a top pick is probably better than Love considering the longer window of the rookie contract.  Even if love plays decent to good he'll command a Daniel Jones type deal which is not a good start to building a SB winner.  If he plays great he'll be more in the Lamar Jackson range which is even tougher.

I'd deal Love for a top rookie QB unless you think he's as good as Josh Allen or the QBs in this class are all trash.

I'm not taking any of the QB's from this draft.  I feel Love is better than they are...and he's not much older, if he even is older.

The issue is paying him.  In @incognito_man 's post, he referenced something like "if you think Love is the next Rodgers".

If you think that highly of Love, you are simply not trading him for that pick. 

The issue is whether or not Love is the next Rodgers.  Very few are.

But there could be one next year...which is why I'd consider that trade.

1 minute ago, Laces Out said:

This is exactly the reason his existence on the roster, in addition to other issues of punting that draft completely while trying to win a SB, is malpractice. 

Ya'll hate $50 mil average for an aging HoFer a year removed from a double MVP campaign? Well average to below average QB's just set the market for close to $40, THIS yer... that cost only goes the F up from there. 

We won a SB with Aaron on his 2nd contract, coming off an almost identical path as Love.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

getting a rookie qb in this draft with a top pick is probably better than Love considering the longer window of the rookie contract.  Even if love plays decent to good he'll command a Daniel Jones type deal which is not a good start to building a SB winner.  If he plays great he'll be more in the Lamar Jackson range which is even tougher.

I'd deal Love for a top rookie QB unless you think he's as good as Josh Allen or the QBs in this class are all trash.

I disagree.  If Love looks the part early on, I think they extend him midseason and get a bargain.  

• Like 2

Just now, vegas492 said:

I'm not taking any of the QB's from this draft.  I feel Love is better than they are...and he's not much older, if he even is older.

The issue is paying him.  In @incognito_man 's post, he referenced something like "if you think Love is the next Rodgers".

If you think that highly of Love, you are simply not trading him for that pick. 

The issue is whether or not Love is the next Rodgers.  Very few are.

But there could be one next year...which is why I'd consider that trade.

The issue is the confidence interval.

Are you more confident that Love is the next Rodgers or that Stroud/Young/Richardson are? Or the combined probability someone next year is AND you'll be able to get them?

The answer appears to easily be: Love.

Love is all you need.

7 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Love has 1 quarter of good game tape.  Everything else out there is pretty mediocre to poor. 

Yep, and that's being generous. Love's "good quarter" was hitting a wide open Watson 10 yards in front of him and letting Watson do his thing. Everything else, three years of miserable QBing, has been a Three Stooges routine of awful QB play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Are you more confident that Love is the next Rodgers or that Stroud/Young/Richardson are? Or the combined probability someone next year is AND you'll be able to get them?

Love is all you need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Love is all you need.

No, Love is what I'm gonna get.

In the hypothetical, I'm taking the picks and loading up for next year.  Because I'll have Rodgers for one, maybe two years.  

But let's see what happens.  I think Jordan has a chance to be quite good.  He also has a chance to be pretty terrible.  And a chance to be in the middle.  So I'll be right on one of those statements.  I win!  Yeah!