Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

43 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Ridiculous rant with fallacious hyperbole... awful stuff.

Again, TT got  great value with a top prospect falling to him- it was organic insight which led TT and the Packers to their last SB which... Gute wasted valuable draft assets by reaching for a middling prospect coming off an abysmal season- it was desperate which has led to the state of to losing team with a muddy future.

Lazy take. Go back and see the reports on Love. Watch the buzz about him at his combine. He was/is a legitimate 1st round QB prospect.

Disagree with the pick? Fine.

Just don't try to rewrite history with your hindsight.

Yeah I distinctly recall hoping for a team to take Love in the top 16 of that draft because I was afraid the Packers wouldn’t pass on him if he was available at our pick.

Jordan Love was always going in the first round. It was a general consensus he had a very high upside, but might take more time to reach it.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I distinctly recall hoping for a team to take Love in the top 16 of that draft because I was afraid the Packers wouldn’t pass on him if he was available at our pick.

Jordan Love was always going in the first round. It was a general consensus he had a very high upside, but might take more time to reach it.

Yeah go on YouTube…. There are a ton of videos of McShay and the like talking about how Love had the highest upside. He was Mahomes. That all he needed was the right situation and that that situation would be him to sit for like a year (like Mahomes).

The narrative on Love just changed the second GB drafted him.

*edit: McShay even had Love going 6th overall to the chargers over Herbert.

Edited by Green19

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Lazy take. Go back and see the reports on Love. Watch the buzz about him at his combine. He was/is a legitimate 1st round QB prospect.

Disagree with the pick? Fine.

Just don't try to rewrite history with your hindsight.

It was one of the interesting things that come out of the Brian Flores lawsuit, Flores and the staff wanted to take Love over Tua with the 5th overall pick and the owner stepped in and made the call to take Tua. When I read that it all tied in with Todd McShay's wager with Mel Kiper that year that Love would go in the top 5 of the draft. McShay had an in with the Dolphins, but it blew up in his face in the end. McShay also claimed that draft season that some teams had Love as the number one QB in that draft, but unless Love become a star in is doubtful anyone will come out of the woodwork and admit that now. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, R T said:

It was one of the interesting things that come out of the Brian Flores lawsuit, Flores and the staff wanted to take Love over Tua with the 5th overall pick and the owner stepped in and made the call to take Tua. When I read that it all tied in with Todd McShay's wager with Mel Kiper that year that Love would go in the top 5 of the draft. McShay had an in with the Dolphins, but it blew up in his face in the end. McShay also claimed that draft season that some teams had Love as the number one QB in that draft, but unless Love become a star in is doubtful anyone will come out of the woodwork and admit that now. 

Would like to see who had Love #1.  Burrow was widely #1.   Tua was pretty universally #2.   Herbert #3 and Love $4.

I can believe some may have had Love over Tua and Herbert.   Doubt many if any had him over Burrow.

11 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Would like to see who had Love #1.  Burrow was widely #1.   Tua was pretty universally #2.   Herbert #3 and Love $4.

I can believe some may have had Love over Tua and Herbert.   Doubt many if any had him over Burrow.

I don't think Tua was "widely" #2. I saw a lot of folks that had Herbert #2 and some fell in love with him enough to project him over Burrow. I don't remember Love being anything but #4. 

I never heard that story about McShay and the Dolphins. That is interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think Tua was "widely" #2. I saw a lot of folks that had Herbert #2 and some fell in love with him enough to project him over Burrow. I don't remember Love being anything but #4. 

I never heard that story about McShay and the Dolphins. That is interesting. 

McShay had Love in the top 10 for a while .. Dan Jeremiah had Love at like #16 or #18 at the combine workouts.   Love wasn't a reach by any means. 

13 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Some didn’t trust Burrow… because he was such a one year wonder and a lot felt that LSU team was like a super team.

I could see how some got more impressed with a QB that had better physical traits… in a lesser conference and team.

How many would of taken that risk though is a better question…

If Love hits and hits big, you are going to have a lot of… I knew he was special.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Some didn’t trust Burrow… because he was such a one year wonder and a lot felt that LSU team was like a super team.

I could see how some got more impressed with a QB that had better physical traits… in a lesser conference and team.

How many would of taken that risk though is a better question…

If Love hits and hits big, you are going to have a lot of… I knew he was special.

Did you find anyone who had Love as the #1?  The ranking of the top 3 are debatable, but I didn't find anyone or anything that suggested Live was the best of the bunch.  

Some worried Tua was small.  Some worried Burrow was a 1 year wonder.  Some thought Herbert was mechanical.  Everything I saw or read had Love as 4th.  Draftable from late first round to mid 2nd round player.

Personally, I'd be pretty damn happy if Love is on par with Burrows or even Hebert.  Love has a little catching up to do with respect to live on-field action, but that gap will have been somewhat diminished by being in a pro system under Tom Clements.  If anything, I'm damn intrigued to see if Love is comparable or better than his 1st round draft mates from 2020!

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Personally, I'd be pretty damn happy if Love is on par with Burrows or even Hebert.  Love has a little catching up to do with respect to live on-field action, but that gap will have been somewhat diminished by being in a pro system under Tom Clements.  If anything, I'm damn intrigued to see if Love is comparable or better than his 1st round draft mates from 2020!

That would be fantastic.  Abig ask, but we have to hope it turns out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Think so too. Think he's doing this to frastrate Murphy and Gutey. If the fans are mad just think how upset they must be.

It’s the typical fans who are mad about everything. 

It’s annoying but I doubt the delay is to get back at fan anyone else. He’s trying to get his bros to move to a new town with him after nearly 20 years with another franchise.