Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

I want Rodgers gone and am convinced he would never lead us to a Super Bowl again. However, as it gets closer to him being gone I definitely am starting to feel sad. I’m also convinced he will have a great year (at least regular season) next year and make all the pundits say we are idiots for trading him when in reality it’s the chip on his shoulder bounce year that we had with MLF’s first couple years.

15 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I want Rodgers gone and am convinced he would never lead us to a Super Bowl again. However, as it gets closer to him being gone I definitely am starting to feel sad. I’m also convinced he will have a great year (at least regular season) next year and make all the pundits say we are idiots for trading him when in reality it’s the chip on his shoulder bounce year that we had with MLF’s first couple years.

No worries, I hope he's does great, but the time in Green Bay is done.  They gave it a run for 15 years.  I glad we saw it, but its time.  

19 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I'm pretty convinced that the deal is done and the big NFL media guys all agreed to keep it under wraps until Rodgers releases it on his own terms. Suddenly everyone, Ian, Schefter, are all quite about it

Why would they agree to that? What has Rodgers ever done for these guys in particular? I'm 99.9% sure that if Rap or (especially) Schefter could report any part of this story with confidence, they would be all over it.

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I'm pretty convinced that the deal is done and the big NFL media guys all agreed to keep it under wraps until Rodgers releases it on his own terms. Suddenly everyone, Ian, Schefter, are all quite about it

I'm feeling like he will break his own news tomorrow on McAfee.  I hope he does so we can all move on.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

All right people…Aaron will take a few questions now. Brent…?

Brent Grimm, The CoDependant…Aaron, what you’re doing is irresponsible. Football actually means something to this town.

Was that a question, Brent Grimm?

No. Your first year in New York you just get to affirm or deny our hostile observations. Your unwillingness to be honest about being vaccinated suggests you won’t answer questions honestly anyway. Enjoy your time here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm feeling like he will break his own news tomorrow on McAfee.  I hope he does so we can all move on.  

That would be more on brand. He’s not throwing the media any bones. He’ll break whatever the news is on his own terms through whatever channel he wants. 

David Carr said on NFL Network that Nathaniel Hackett was the enabler who allowed Rodgers to go off script. He said LaFleur and Rodgers sort of had a few run ins over Rodgers doing his own thing too much.

Makes sense it sort of blew up after Hackett left then. Also, makes a ton of sense that the Packers are through with him. Not sure any of this is breaking news but I'd never heard it put in those terms with names named like that. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

David Carr said on NFL Network that Nathaniel Hackett was the enabler who allowed Rodgers to go off script. He said LaFleur and Rodgers sort of had a few run ins over Rodgers doing his own thing too much.

Makes sense it sort of blew up after Hackett left then. Also, makes a ton of sense that the Packers are through with him. Not sure any of this is breaking news but I'd never heard it put in those terms with names named like that. 

How hilarious would it be if the greatest lessons Rodgers taught Love were about how to go off script