Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Oh yeah .. he'll come up short if they make the playoffs.  Hopefully the Packers don't get sucked into adding any conditions based on team performance.  I'd rather see conditions based on Aaron's playing time.

Or how many drug dens he visits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think it way more possible it's a disaster than a rousing success.

I do not.

If that throwing hand is healed, and I'll bet it is, he will have a chip on his shoulder.  He's got offensive weaponz and he will have friends.  Oh...and a defense with a defensive minded HC.

He's going to win games and be the best QB that they've had in quite some time.  Even if he disappears in the big games again, I'll bet they have a better chance at winning just because their defense is better.

To me, he's a great fit over there.  Such a good fit that he likely plays 2 years there.

I feel like there is a lot of projecting around Rodgers in this forum, like it makes the trade easier to handle.  But in the end, he's going to be very good for the Jets.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I do not.

If that throwing hand is healed, and I'll bet it is, he will have a chip on his shoulder.  He's got offensive weaponz and he will have friends.  Oh...and a defense with a defensive minded HC.

He's going to win games and be the best QB that they've had in quite some time.  Even if he disappears in the big games again, I'll bet they have a better chance at winning just because their defense is better.

To me, he's a great fit over there.  Such a good fit that he likely plays 2 years there.

I feel like there is a lot of projecting around Rodgers in this forum, like it makes the trade easier to handle.  But in the end, he's going to be very good for the Jets.

This isn’t saying much…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I do not.

I want to believe Rodgers has it, but the last few years have just highlighted greatly the difference between him and Brady.

I think Rodgers is very rigid. And I think this has been his greatest undoing. I use to say it was this or that, but again there is a reason Rodgers hasn’t been back to the SB and it’s not all GB.

He has the 49ers finally dead to rights… the defense was man handling an offense with Deebo and kittle. The special was fine until it wasn’t. Rodgers only mustarded a whimper. Same against the Bucs… the defense got their act together and gifted him 3 picks in a row against the goat.

He had his guys and in lambeau…

It’s because he is rigid, and isn’t flexible. He needs it a certain way now. I think that’s why this team plays tight in big spots. He will just take that to NY. Maybe they can isolate the defense so it doesn’t infect them… but that offense will be rigid and tight.

33 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Oh they will all change there tune once he's a Jet.  Hey we are all sick of waiting but let's be honest no one knows what is transpiring behind the scenes.  It's a complicated deal and it's probably not Rodgers holding it up either.  

If I had to guess, I expect reworking the the Rodgers contract is what is holding things up.

Florio thinks there is a game of chicken going on between the Packers and Jets over compensation.  I hope that's the case .. hope the Packers stick to their guns and come away with as much as absolutely possible.  I don't think the Jets can back out now .. not sure Rodgers is up for backing out now either.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/packers-jets-may-be-caught-in-a-game-of-chicken-over-aaron-rodgers/

Edited by {Family Ghost}