Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is what is being overlooked IMO.  Football is no longer what drives Rodgers.  The idea that Rodgers will be 100% committed to whatever team he's playing for is laughable.  The Jets must already be asking themselves whether they really knew what they were getting themselves into.

He's not the same guy he was even just a few years ago.  Hopefully we can lock down a deal before he blows it up.

7 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I wonder if they're trying to get Bakh with the deal and Gute just isn't having any of it.

They want GB to pay McAfee’s production cost for the next decade per Rodgers list of demands.

Edited by Green19

Zach Kruse -  Won't be surprised at all if Aaron Rodgers has a terrific season in New York. In fact, expecting it.

Jordan Love is a great unknown but the time to transition is certainly now.

I'd say there's potential for both sides to win big here. Big risk, too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah.....

Our old QB lost his favorite WR of the past few years.  We drafted him 3 WR's.  He decided NOT to come to OTA's.  After signing yet another MEGA deal.  And when he showed up, it looked like he lost footspeed.  

Then his on field mannerisms were reminiscent of the bad Mac days.  And to be fair, the early MLF days.

Then when talking about his future, he instantly went to the "I can play at a MVP level again."  Not Super Bowl.  

And he wouldn't take a seat with his hand injury, until they were eliminated.  His words, not mine.

None of it was a good look last year.  I'm not knocking him as a person, but rather his dedication as a football player and leader of our team.

So he wouldn't take a seat, he said that but he's not the GM, Coach or pres? MLF had at any point to say sorry AR i'm resting you i want to start Love. If they were done with him who cares right?

The mega deal took 2 to tango, unless he offered it to himself, negotiated it and signed it all alone. The packers made him that offer did not they not, heck they also made Adams an offer too. Lets not act like 1265 didn't do anything in this. 

I wasn't happy he didn't come to OTA's, but at the same time trying to get that timing for him and his documented trust issues with WR's was going to take time:). Notice the documented hahaha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

So he wouldn't take a seat, he said that but he's not the GM, Coach or pres? MLF had at any point to say sorry AR i'm resting you i want to start Love. If they were done with him who cares right?

The mega deal took 2 to tango, unless he offered it to himself, negotiated it and signed it all alone. The packers made him that offer did not they not, heck they also made Adams an offer too. Lets not act like 1265 didn't do anything in this. 

I wasn't happy he didn't come to OTA's, but at the same time trying to get that timing for him and his documented trust issues with WR's was going to take time:). Notice the documented hahaha.

You think Rodgers would willingly take a seat???  He would have imploded the team.  I have little doubt that him not sitting down was one of the reasons why GB is ready to move on.

Mega Deal.  Two to tango.  Yup.  And one paid the money.  While the other skipped OTA's for the first time and showed up to camp with legs that were not in NFL quarterback shape.  In my view, one lived up to their end of the bargain, the other did not.

At least that is my take.  Could be wrong.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

That’s WR2 money. Respect Lazard but not at that price. A major role player if that makes sense.

Agreed. It does leave the packers in a tough position though. Not a lot of options in the draft, free agency is too expensive.