Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. Org had a really strong report card, including "family".

Aaron is a very very very loyal person to people he likes. He takes perceived slights against his people bigly and holds outsized grudges.

He says he understands it's a business, but his emotions don't play along with his words very well.

He said what he thought everyone else wanted him to say. 

What he said today completely goes against his personality and the last two or so years. 

12 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

He needs to be the Green Bay Packers,

"I'm maybe their greatest player ever" hit me with this. Yeah okay? So he thinks they should do everything for him. Brought up Jordy Goode etc like always too.

But I think he's done just fine, nothing I'm mad about. I get it.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do you agree with him throwing a ton of shade at the organization about how they treat/move on from their vets?

Oh i think i misread this. I agree that this is a good summary of what he did, i dont agree with his choice to do that

1 minute ago, Howler said:

The FO should be excoriated for not going for it all when the window was open. Philly, LAR and KC all did.

They won 39 games over 3 season. Went to the NFC championship game twice in a row. One of them being at home. How does a team do that if they didn’t go all in? 

• Like 2

My 2 cents: See a lot of dumb comments on here and the Internet in general on both sides of the fence. This is a not a day to get pissed off at Aaron Rodgers or Gute. Frankly, it's not a day to celebrate in any fashion. It's a sad day. If you're actually a Packers fan, it's a sad day to lose one of the greatest to ever play for the Packers -- the longest tenured Packer ever. It's sad that we'll never see No. 12 run out of the tunnel at Lambeau anymore. It's sad that this day is finally here, regardless of the reason. 

That being said, being sad about seeing the end of Rodgers' time as a Packer doesn't mean you're "riding Rodgers' ****" or whatever dumb comments people around here repeat on the daily. It's perfectly fine that the Packers are deciding to make a move and give a Love a real shot at being the guy. There's some excitement about the unknown there. Not going to fault Gute for doing his job as a GM and finally making the tough decision that he wasn't ready to make the last few years. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. This isn't a "fire Gute" moment because the Packers have decided to move on from Rodgers. 

Either way, I'll leave it with thanking 12 for the memories over the years. Sad to see him go, but excited for the unknown in 2023 (and hopefully beyond) with Love at the helm.  

• Like 7