Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not enough ... bad idea, Tom!

Worse than bad, why not a 7th?

You need to get the most value this year, because nobody knows what he will do next.  Might start a toad licking farm.

Floor is a 2 and 3 this year and a conditional pick or picks next.

Ceiling is 1 this year ( or more) and a conditional pick or picks next year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Tom’s brand is to be negative lol

If all they want to give up is a 3rd this year, that's fine. Then Elijah Moore is absolutely got to be a part of that deal, and I'd try and get Ruckert too. 

I'd take Moore, Ruckert, 3rd and a conditional 24 pick.

28 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

First and foremost, Gute and Ball and Murphy are stewards of the Green Bay Packers.  They are not stewards of Aaron Rodgers.    Ideally those two are not mutually exclusive and they can accomplish both maximizing value and appeasing Rodgers, but the focus should be on what is best for GB.     

Jets media and anyone else (inc Aaron) saying GB should #FreeAaron can kick rocks

That's just it. Now that Rodgers has endeared himself to the Jets, his loyalties are understandably with them. Hence, there is less impetus for the Packers to cater to Rodgers more than they do themselves. They should "dig in". Let Rodgers and the NYC Big Market media spew as much drama as they want, whine and cry about how the Packers are doing Rodgers wrong by not trading him for peanuts. Brand image and reputation is important. We give him up for peanuts we look like p*ssies. No way. Dig in. We lose the Jets as a suitor (doubtful), so be it. Have some self-respect--that is worth more than tons of draft picks. 

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I realize there is no way this would happen, but it would be awesome for Gute to come out and say what GB is asking for, and watch the media and fans work themselves into a frenzy debating it.

I mean their ex QB held court in public media… 

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't follow.

I thought once traded, we take an extra $9M hit to our cap?  So we likely need that $9M buffer for when he does get traded.

Once you factor in that, along with rookies and injury players, we have like $4-$5M under the cap to work with in FA.

Unless we have more moves to make to get under.

Am I wrong?  Because I'm wrong often. 

I am also often wrong lmao. I had it saved in memory we got 9 Mil but it’s the opposite. Still doesn’t matter when we unload it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I realize there is no way this would happen, but it would be awesome for Gute to come out and say what GB is asking for, and watch the media and fans work themselves into a frenzy debating it.

I'll never root against the Packers but this whole thing makes Gute look like a clown. They couldn't tell Rodgers themselves they wanted to move on and were shopping him? Now they are threatening to hold him hostage if they don't get multiple first round picks?

We are selling low, should have traded him last year if we were just gonna do this the year after.

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jets are going to own that division. They will likely own the AFC in the postseason, too.

Legitimate top 5 defense, Aaron Rodgers, the Chiefs won’t get past that. Lawrence and Burrow are not Rodgers. Jaguars and Bengals are not Jets defense.

Aaron Rodgers very likely makes it to the Super Bowl if he doesn’t choke in the championship game.

Winning it? Against the Niners? Won’t happen.

Rodgers with a bad OL, and Hackett who apparently was more comfortable with Rodgers going off script is also a recipe for disaster.  Especially if his guys join him.  Looks like he will continue to not adapt his game to his declining physical abilities

Their defense maybe overachieved last year and could regress.

On paper everything looks pretty good though

Edited by LacyIsGood

26 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

You have vet any player coming back to Green Bay in a Jets trade.  Do they want to come to Green Bay?  What's it going to take for a particular player to come to Green Bay?  Trading for them isn't just picking a player and they come.  

You don't want a trouble child coming into your lockerroom.  You don't want a guy like Martellus Bennett coming in, being unhappy and working on getting his way out.

The Packers will vet any players before they are included in a trade.  

Ellijah Moore wanted out this past fall, does he still want out??   He's under contract and if traded he must go, but you gotta talk to him before the trade to see where he's at in this, is he comfortable playing in Green Bay or are you bringing a nightmare into your lockeroom?

Moore is a fanatical workaholic, if you promise him 100 targets, he will be a happy camper. He just wants the opportunity to be great.  GW stole all of his slot reps last year, he was miscast outside, he needs to be included….

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -  

Zero need to act by the Packers.
Cap impact is easier with Aaron on team than off.
Aaron won't be in the building.
Jets have no other options.
Jets fan base is waiting.
Maybe another team becomes interested.

Yep .. Gute can be like, "call us when you are ready to meet our price".

• Like 1