Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

I don't want to delay trade to June in order to delay cap hit to 2024. Get it over with, suck it up this year, and turn-the-page.  See what you've got with Love and do the best you can.  If he's good, then you're back in cap world next year, wonderful.  If he stinks, then you've got some cap space and picks to try to figure out the future next year.  But either way, this isn't out contention year.  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

I don't want to delay trade to June in order to delay cap hit to 2024. Get it over with, suck it up this year, and turn-the-page.  See what you've got with Love and do the best you can.  If he's good, then you're back in cap world next year, wonderful.  If he stinks, then you've got some cap space and picks to try to figure out the future next year.  But either way, this isn't out contention year.  

The Packers are going to contend for the NFC north, it's completely up for grabs (minus probably the bears).

Now the superbowl? That's a different story. 

Rodgers has been a wonderful player for us.  Super thankful and appreciative for so many winning and contending years with him.  So many years where, for months before a season began, I had justified reasons to hope and look forward.  (Maybe this is the year guys stay healthy; draft picks click; young guys improve.). Through almost every season I had reason to hope, that we'd get in playoffs, and make it wok there.  It's been a huge, long run of fun, including for sure the SB season.  

But now I'm super happy to move on and start hoping again.  

hope Love works out, and Gute converts on whatever picks he gets in trade.  

This was a good day, to have Rodgers be ready to accept a trade, and to mostly be really classy and appreciative.  No complaints whatsoever from this Packers fan.

• Like 2

Couldn’t help but notice the stuff in the McAfee interview that couldn’t possibly be true, or contradicted itself and the timeline. Just another Rodgers snow job where he plays with the language just enough so that no one can call him on it, claiming to not be offended or not being a victim, while clearly holding tightly to a grudge he cannot let go of. Thank you for the good times, 12, but I will not miss this side of you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, craig said:

Rodgers has been a wonderful player for us.  Super thankful and appreciative for so many winning and contending years with him.  So many years where, for months before a season began, I had justified reasons to hope and look forward.  (Maybe this is the year guys stay healthy; draft picks click; young guys improve.). Through almost every season I had reason to hope, that we'd get in playoffs, and make it wok there.  It's been a huge, long run of fun, including for sure the SB season.  

But now I'm super happy to move on and start hoping again.  

hope Love works out, and Gute converts on whatever picks he gets in trade.  

This was a good day, to have Rodgers be ready to accept a trade, and to mostly be really classy and appreciative.  No complaints whatsoever from this Packers fan.

Business is business and I want the Packers to get the absolute most they can for Aaron Rodgers.  

• Like 1

Aaron talked about the Packers tone changing from right after the end of the season until about the time he exited the darkness retreat.  I have an idea what happened.  Jordan Love's reps quietly asked for a trade.  They may have told the Packers that they wanted to move on if Aaron returned.  Just a hunch. Gute's tone changed a bit between the season ending press conference and the press conference at the combine.  Gute mentioning that he was in regular contact with Jordan and his people made me think something was up there. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron talked about the Packers tone changing from right after the end of the season until about the time he exited the darkness retreat.  I have an idea what happened.  Jordan Love's reps quietly asked for a trade.  They may have told the Packers that they wanted to move on if Aaron returned.  Just a hunch. Gute's tone changed a bit between the season ending press conference and the press conference at the combine.  Gute mentioning that he was in regular contact with Jordan and his people made me think something was up there. 

I don't know if this makes as much sense as I thought both Rodgers and Love have David Dunn as their agent.