Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

12 minutes ago, Striker said:

I don't know if this makes as much sense as I thought both Rodgers and Love have David Dunn as their agent.

I'm not 100 percent sure they have the same agent.  Same agency, but not sure David Dunn is actually Jordan Love's agent these days. 

Love's agent at Athlete's First is David Mulugheta

Edited by {Family Ghost}

11 minutes ago, crfalker05 said:

Swap 13 for 15. 

24 conditional 3. Becomes a 2 if they make the playoffs OR 12 plays for ANY team in 24. Becomes a 1 if he wins MVP or they make the AFCCG. 

I absolutely hate a 13-15 swap. Moving up two spots is inconsequential. I want to have 2 #1s this year for dealing Rodgers. They can keep 43. The conditional pick for next year sounds about right.

It's not a ridiculous ask. The Jets decided to be all in on this movie and had to know the asking price was always going to be at least a 1.

If it was something like the Raiders and swapping 15 for 7 I'd be more willing to consider it I just can't get behind a 2 and what is likely going to be a 3 maybe a 2 at best, and moving up 2 spots. Look at what the Lions got for Stafford.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not 100 percent sure they have the same agent.  Same agency, but not sure David Dunn is actually Jordan Love's agent these days. Love's agent at Athlete's First is David Mulugheta

I was gonna say, I think it would be unethical for the same "guy" inside the agency to represent both players - given they're on the same team and play the same position. 

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not 100 percent sure they have the same agent.  Same agency, but not sure David Dunn is actually Jordan Love's agent these days. 

Love's agent at Athlete's First is David Mulugheta

Ah, got it. There must have been a change as I think they did both have Love as their agent a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I absolutely hate a 13-15 swap. Moving up two spots is inconsequential. I want to have 2 #1s this year for dealing Rodgers. They can keep 43. The conditional pick for next year sounds about right.

It's not a ridiculous ask. The Jets decided to be all in on this movie and had to know the asking price was always going to be at least a 1.

If it was something like the Raiders and swapping 15 for 7 I'd be more willing to consider it I just can't get behind a 2 and what is likely going to be a 3 maybe a 2 at best, and moving up 2 spots. Look at what the Lions got for Stafford.

It’s meh to me as well. Trade chart wise, it’s the equivalent of a 3rd round comp pick. Total value of the trade is an early 2/late 1, and that’s if the Jets don’t go on a run. Reasonable for a 39 year old who was 90% retired. 

Stafford was younger, cheaper and Detroit took on Goff’s bad contract. GB can’t do the same. 

Now, if NYJ think we need to pay some of the cash he is owed, things go up

50 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron talked about the Packers tone changing from right after the end of the season until about the time he exited the darkness retreat.  I have an idea what happened.  Jordan Love's reps quietly asked for a trade.  They may have told the Packers that they wanted to move on if Aaron returned.  Just a hunch. Gute's tone changed a bit between the season ending press conference and the press conference at the combine.  Gute mentioning that he was in regular contact with Jordan and his people made me think something was up there. 

Love could have asked for a trade but he doesn't have a lot of value to many other teams at this point in his career.   I have a feeling Rodgers was the one not feeling the love from GB and after being courted by NY he decided to go where he was truly wanted.  It will be interesting to see how he does in the AFCE battling the Bills.  

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

I was gonna say, I think it would be unethical for the same "guy" inside the agency to represent both players - given they're on the same team and play the same position. 

I’d be surprised if it was not very common. There are agents and agencies that represent many different athletes. I don’t see how it would be unethical as long as the player felt they were best representing them individually it is their decision who they hire. In this instance, I’m sure both of the Davids talk to eachother while the sausage is made for their clients. 

26 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I doubt we'll get the compensation from NY that a lot of us hoped for.  I suspect the Jets feel Rodgers will only play 2 more years max so it doesn't make sense for them to give us a king's ransom.  I hope AR does well over there but not as well as Love does.  😉

28 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I know this isn’t “how it works”, but it’s very funny to me to hear people say the Jets become instant Super Bowl contenders with 12 as their QB….but a 1st round pick is too high a price to pay?

First of all, the Jets have been a dumb and poorly run org for decades now. Why shouldn’t they have to pony up a 1st if they want our quarterback to rectify that? Second, I don’t see why the big contract is an excuse, since if he was their 4x MVP QB they would have been paying him top dollar as well. 

Why should they be let off the hook? The only part I understand is the age and the year-to-year factor, but if you asked every pervert owner in the NFL if they would trade a 1st round pick for a Super Bowl victory (and while that’s not a guarantee, that IS the expectation in, and the only reason for, trading for AR12 at age 39) they would say yes! This all just feels like a big market team trying to get one over on GB, all because guys like Mike Greenberg are willing to debase themselves on TV for it.

• Like 4