Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's going to get 40 million guaranteed out of his last three years of the deal if they don't cut him before the deadline in his contract. I think it's his salary this year and 7.5 million in 24 would be guaranteed. A team willing to trade real assets for him would give hm that in free agency. 

You don't think he's getting more than 40 million guaranteed in free agency? He's definitely a starting QB. 

Just parroting what a former NFL GM said on the radio yesterday.....

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's going to get 40 million guaranteed out of his last three years of the deal if they don't cut him before the deadline in his contract. I think it's his salary this year and 7.5 million in 24 would be guaranteed. A team willing to trade real assets for him would give hm that in free agency. 

You don't think he's getting more than 40 million guaranteed in free agency? He's definitely a starting QB. 

The great thing for Carr is that he can control his destiny while also keeping his current contract intact.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The great thing for Carr is that he can control his destiny while also keeping his current contract intact.

To a point! I team might not be willing to give up those picks unless he re-negotiates his deal. Also, teams may not want to trade assets for him but would go after him. 

Just depends on what he and his agent think he's worth on the open market. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

To a point! I team might not be willing to give up those picks unless he re-negotiates his deal. Also, teams may not want to trade assets for him but would go after him. 

Just depends on what he and his agent think he's worth on the open market. 

He's currently set to make $121M over the next three seasons. ($40M APY) The largest FA deal in history was 2 yr/$56M ($28M APY). 

Not sure his camp is confident that he'll be able to reset the free agent market with the biggest deal in history. As you've said why would a team pay him that when there are other players who are better or comparable at the same price or cheaper with Brady, Rodgers, and Jimmy G.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

First Adams, Rodgers is next, we may just have to adopt the Cheese Heads as well.

Adams is one of my all time favorite players.

I'm still pissed that my team didn't give him the extension he wanted the season before he became a free agent.

I can easily root for your team just because he is there.  That and I admire Crosby.

But...if you put Rodgers over there?  Kindda puts a damper on everything.

And that is only because I've seen him long enough to understand that while he says winning and being competitive is part of him...it is all just lip service.

He's unwilling to do the work to win big games now.  He is more interested in being paid and making sure his friends get paid.

😉

The Jets just make perfect sense.

-Ownership and fanbase who is starved for the playoffs.

-Top defense

-Abundance of weapons 

23 1st this year+23 2nd+24 conditional 2nd next year that turns into a 1st depending on playtime+Zach Wilson 

Packers agree to take on Rodgers bonus to a tune of 60m in exchange for 2nd this year and making the 2nd next year conditional. We bite the bullet hard next year clearing the books and see what we have in Love. If he's not the answer, try to rehab Zach Wilson and move forward.

31 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

-Top defense

-Abundance of weapons 

23 1st this year+23 2nd+24 conditional 2nd next year that turns into a 1st depending on playtime+Zach Wilson 

Packers agree to take on Rodgers bonus to a tune of 60m in exchange for 2nd this year and making the 2nd next year conditional. We bite the bullet hard next year clearing the books and see what we have in Love. If he's not the answer, try to rehab Zach Wilson and move forward.

Anyway we could take Garret Wilson as part of the deal?

And not take Wilson?  

45 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

-Top defense

-Abundance of weapons 

I assume we're getting an additional pick from them to take Wilson as well?