Week 14 Bye Week/Week 15 Thread: Rest up until the rematch against the Giants. NO TIES THIS TIME. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

MikeT14

A win by either team absolutely catapults their playoff chances. Let's get it. 

nyg.png&h=100&w=100 vs wsh.png&h=100&w=100

We will be 7-5-1. Giants record TBD (currently 7-4-1)

Passing Yards

NYG

D. Jones 229-347, 2365 YDS, 11 TD, 4 INT

WSH

C. Wentz 144-232, 1489 YDS, 10 TD, 6 INT

Rushing Yards

NYG

S. Barkley 242 CAR, 1055 YDS, 8 TD

WSH

B. Robinson Jr. 147 CAR, 563 YDS, 2 TD

Receiving Yards

NYG

D. Slayton 33 REC, 566 YDS, 2 TD

WSH

T. McLaurin 62 REC, 945 YDS, 3 TD

Team Stats

nyg.png&h=100&w=100 wsh.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 20.4 19.5
Points Allowed Per Game 21.0 19.7
Total Yards 347.7 350.1
Yards Passing 198.0 225.6
Yards Rushing 149.7 124.5
Yards Allowed 372.3 328.8
Pass Yards Allowed 231.2 218.5
Rush Yards Allowed 141.1 110.4

We played pretty poorly in Ny & made a lot of unforced mistakes. It’s hard to imagine us having that many missed blocking assignments & penalties again. Plus, our D didn’t play quite as well as it had been playing.

I think we beat the Giants at home 27-17 C’s!

14 hours ago, offbyone said:

I really want to see some signings on the oline.  At least get some bodies on the practice squad.  What are they waiting for?  Do they know something we don't, like Roullier is coming back?

I mean it’s pretty obvious that signing Ereck Flowers would be a good signing & then play Wes S at C?

But, there must be some reason that Flowers doesn’t have a job in the NFL AT ALL. It’s not just in DC, he has not be signed by anyone period. My guess is his contract demands are too high & then teams just moved on from him bc of that. Other than that, I don’t know any FA OL signings which are going to make a huge difference on our team. 

We’ve had 3 centers get hurt this year & our RG. There’s not many guys out there who can just replace what ever lost there.

Edited by turtle28

I’ll be there, for the first time in over 15 years. 

Our 12-year-old is a Giants fan (from the other side of his family), so it’s ostensibly a gift for both of us — though only one of us (or none, if last week repeats) can go home happy with the outcome. 

The last time I was there was the game after Sean died. An emotionally brutal experience in every respect. The impending sale of the team has me feeling a little bit re-born, so I’m hoping this is the start of something good. Let’s go Commandos!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

Our 12-year-old is a Giants fan (from the other side of his family), so it’s ostensibly a gift for both of us — though only one of us (or none, if last week repeats) can go home happy with the outcome. 

The last time I was there was the game after Sean died. An emotionally brutal experience in every respect. The impending sale of the team has me feeling a little bit re-born, so I’m hoping this is the start of something good. Let’s go Commandos!

Hope you guys have a blast dude! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, e16bball said:

I was at the game after Sean died as well. That was rough one, I still can’t believe Gibbs called two TEs back to back. If not for that penalty the FG attempt would’ve been further & maybe we win that game & finish 10-6 on the year.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:11 PM, e16bball said:

Giants fan?  Seems like some better parenting is in order  :)

Have fun.

Last giants game I saw was Xmas eve 2005.  Ramsey had to come in mid game, i can't remember why, and we won the game.  Classic portis, cooley, moss game.

13 hours ago, offbyone said:

Giants fan?  Seems like some better parenting is in order  :)

Have fun.

Last giants game I saw was Xmas eve 2005.  Ramsey had to come in mid game, i can't remember why, and we won the game.  Classic Portis, Cooley, Moss game.

I think it’s E’s wife’s son, his step son. 😉 

Last Giants game I saw was 2006 with one of my ex-gfs. We got whooped. Tiki Barber ran all over us. If I remember correctly we were winning early but they came back on us which happened a lot in 2006.

I’m very much of the opinion had the refs not inserted themselves so much into our game with the Giants it would’ve looked similar to this game they’re playing against the Eagles. Had they not picked up the flag for DPI against Terry that game becomes a run away. 

With that said, I still think the Giants are a tough team with a bright future. They’re just beat up with injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m very much of the opinion had the refs not inserted themselves so much into our game with the Giants it would’ve looked similar to this game they’re playing against the Eagles. Had they not picked up the flag for DPI against Terry that game becomes a run away. 

With that said, I still think the Giants are a tough team with a bright future. They’re just beat up with injuries. 

100 Percent Agree GIF by HBO