Lions vs Jaguars - Which team has the brighter future?

Soko

3 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I'll bet on Brad Holmes over Trent Baalke.

I was going to say the Jaguars before you reminded me that Baalke is their GM. I guess I'll still lean the Jaguars because Lawrence has the potential to be a top QB. Goff might finally be in his prime and finding that consistency, but I still don't see him becoming elite. He could become consistently above average to good, though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Jacksonville?

Packer fan here.  Lions are doing it right.  Strong o-line.  Sound but not flashy defense or offensive weapons.  But their o-line is nasty.

Jacksonville may have a few guys that are a higher tier of player than the Lions do.  QB and EDGE.

Ultimately, I think both teams are poised for success in the future, but Jacksonville has the star power to be a little better.

But with that o-line the Lions have built, they are going to win consistently.

Amon-Ra St. Brown, D'Andre Swift, and Jameson Williams aren't "flashy" weapons? 

• Like 2

Not to take away from what the Lions are doing right now, but Lawrence is starting to show signs of being that true franchise QB that everyone thought he would be. That’s the most important thing in football, so give me the Jags here.

Lions are building something though, and are fun to watch and easy to root for.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

A-RStB and Jameson? Yeah. Swift is suddenly a niche product - he CAN be flashy, but he’s simply not being used anymore.

I agree with your overall premise though.

8 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

To me?  Not really.  Swift is good when he plays and Williams hasn't played yet.  ARSB gets the job done nicely and I can see him being "flashy".

But I feel like the Lions win and are competitive due to their o-line and that is not flashy.  In fact, their o-line is nasty in a great way.  

Jacksonville with Lawrence and Allen are more flashy on the higher end at two premium positions.

Maybe the Lions get there with Hutch on the EDGE.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Doug Pederson has turned Lawrence into a top 10 QB and the Jags are a competent team for the first time in 5 years thanks to him. Far from a detriment.

How easily we forget Lawrence is a generational prospect that had Urban Meyer in his way and is naturally going to make a jump in year 2.

Not that I disagree that Lawrence was a great prospect, but Doug has absolutely schemed it up and took a “bunch of guys” and turned it into a top 10-12 offense year 1.

Trevor is throwing to a bunch of cast offs outside of Christian Kirk (who wasn’t exactly viewed as a world beater when we paid him). The offensive staff has been everything and more. 

• Like 1