The Anthony Richardson Thread

brownie man

I knew he’d be polarizing and I knew he was a serious athlete 

BUT DAYUM 

BEST QB ATHLETICALLY IN COMBINE HISTORY?!?!??

I wouldn’t have quite forecasted that 

he not getting out the top 6 

I think Detroit trades up for him. 

Mold him behind Goff for at least a year maybe two. That NFC North is wide open. I see Detroit making the move man he ain’t getting to Oakland. 

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If accuracy is so easily taught, like your comment seemingly implied, then yes, every QB would be accurate. 

Well, I'd say two things:

1) It's easier to feel confident that you can improve a guy's accuracy when you can see the glaring mechanical issues; and

2) The more physically gifted you are, the more margin for error you have on accuracy.

25 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I knew he’d be polarizing and I knew he was a serious athlete 

BUT DAYUM 

BEST QB ATHLETICALLY IN COMBINE HISTORY?!?!??

I wouldn’t have quite forecasted that 

he not getting out the top 6 

I think Detroit trades up for him. 

Mold him behind Goff for at least a year maybe two. That NFC North is wide open. I see Detroit making the move man he ain’t getting to Oakland. 

There are probably 20-25 teams that would be very eager to make a move if they could and work with Richardson.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

1) It's easier to feel confident that you can improve a guy's accuracy when you can see the glaring mechanical issues; and

2) The more physically gifted you are, the more margin for error you have on accuracy.

You're not wrong but have we ever seen a dramatic improvement from a guy who's barely over 50% and downright looked awful at times to someone who's respectable or even worth a top pick?

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Until the legs don't get you anywhere and that comes around 30 and sooner for some guys. See....um..Cam Newton. See Murray. He's already done and ARI buried their franchise in salary cap hell.

Running in TDs doesn't win SBs. Passing does. How many years are people going to fall for these guys? Hell, Balt sees the mistakes that CLE, DEN and ARI just made paying insane amounts of $ to guys that stinks but are 'athletically gifted'. They are trying all they can not to make the same mistake and destroy the franchise for years.

CHI knows they made a huge mistake. They won't be paying Fields a 2nd contract. That was an awful pick.

Trey Lance was a disaster of a pick and has proven it. 

That being said, Richardson will certainly get a few years of big running production like L. Jackson before the injuries come. The injuries always come. Some faster than others, Trey Lance, Fields.

Real QBs read defenses & throw the football. If they can't, they should be RBs or give up in the case of Zach Wilson.

9 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Until the legs don't get you anywhere and that comes around 30 and sooner for some guys. See....um..Cam Newton. See Murray. He's already done and ARI buried their franchise in salary cap hell.

Running in TDs doesn't win SBs. Passing does. How many years are people going to fall for these guys? Hell, Balt sees the mistakes that CLE, DEN and ARI just made paying insane amounts of $ to guys that stinks but are 'athletically gifted'. They are trying all they can not to make the same mistake and destroy the franchise for years.

CHI knows they made a huge mistake. They won't be paying Fields a 2nd contract. That was an awful pick.

That being said, Richardson will certainly get a few years of big running production like L. Jackson before the injuries come. The injuries always come. Some faster than others, Trey Lance, Fields.

Real QBs read defenses & throw the football. If they can't, they should be RBs or give up in the case of Zach Wilson.

Scoring TDs wins SBs.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You're not wrong but have we ever seen a dramatic improvement from a guy who's barely over 50% and downright looked awful at times to someone who's respectable or even worth a top pick?

Yes. Josh Allen (56% college career). Brett Favre (52% college career). Lamar Jackson (57% college career). Mike Vick (56% college career). Steve McNair (56% college career). (Richardson is at 55% for his college career.) They don't necessarily need dramatic improvement. Just mechanical progressions that allow for more consistency.

Edited by jrry32

11 minutes ago, lod01 said:

I definitely agree with parts of this but if you really think AR can get you roughly the same production/career as Cam Newton -- you would take him right? NFL MVP + Superbowl appearance. I'm at the point with QB's that if you don't have one and have the chance to take someone who can POTENTIALLY be elite you take the chance. Worst case scenario they bust and guess what? You're right back where you started with a high pick to try again.

If being a Raiders fan this last decade has taught me anything (besides pain) it is being 6-10 to 9-7 is absolute hell and you get stuck in that rut by having an average QB who is good enough to win the easy games but will never win the big ones. Strike while you can and get the guy who can win those games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lod01 said:

So you mean if you draft Richardson you might get Cam Newton who was NFL MVP and played in a SB?
Don't see how it'd be so bad.
How is Murray already done? He's 25... And, while he hasn't set the league on fire, Murray has always been hovering between average to good to great. 
Don't see how it'd be so bad either... 

1 hour ago, lod01 said:

Man crazy that you know how bad Lance is as he attempted only 102 passes so far in his career. 
And yeah Fields, after two years in the league with a really bad supporting cast, has no way of ever improving. 
Good thing you weren't the Bills GM after Josh Allen's first 2 years... 

1 hour ago, lod01 said:

Funny you should mention that. All the best QBs this past year were good at running the football, as well as throwing it. Almost like it could complement each other. 
You can say that you don't like AR as a prospect and that's fine. But to say real QBs read defenses and throw the ball... Well that's just wrong

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I definitely agree with parts of this but if you really think AR can get you roughly the same production/career as Cam Newton -- you would take him right? NFL MVP + Superbowl appearance. I'm at the point with QB's that if you don't have one and have the chance to take someone who can POTENTIALLY be elite you take the chance. Worst case scenario they bust and guess what? You're right back where you started with a high pick to try again.

If being a Raiders fan this last decade has taught me anything (besides pain) it is being 6-10 to 9-7 is absolute hell and you get stuck in that rut by having an average QB who is good enough to win the easy games but will never win the big ones. Strike while you can and get the guy who can win those games. 

When you compare him to guys like Cam Newton and Lamar Jackson you also have to remember that those guys were elite college players too, Heisman trophy winners, lol. Richardson was one of the main reasons Florida sucked last year and will be the first QB drafted in the first round that had a losing record as a starter in college.

2 hours ago, lod01 said:

Trey Lance is a disaster of a pick? How can you possibly know that? Two starts as a project rookie QB and one start on a puddle field where even Mahomes would have looked garbage.

Also Chicago knows they made a mistake? Fields has flashed a lot of potential with almost no offensive talent what so ever. I bet you anything Chicago doesn't draft a QB and keeps developing Fields. 

This post is just garbage level.