The Anthony Richardson Thread

brownie man

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yes. Josh Allen (56% college career). Brett Favre (52% college career). Lamar Jackson (57% college career). Mike Vick (56% college career). Steve McNair (56% college career). (Richardson is at 55% for his college career.) They don't necessarily need dramatic improvement. Just mechanical progressions that allow for more consistency.

To keep it in perspective, you only named 5 people over a 40 year tenure. Shouldn't inspire confidence but anything can happen

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Trey Lance is a disaster of a pick? How can you possibly know that? Two starts as a project rookie QB and one start on a puddle field where even Mahomes would have looked garbage.

I mean, based on the current results he's not wrong.  I'm not saying he isn't jumping the gun on declaring him a disaster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, based on the current results he's not wrong.  I'm not saying he isn't jumping the gun on declaring him a disaster.

It's completely inconclusive one way or the other. He was a big project pick, any rookie starts dont matter. And the only other game he played was soldier field which was full of puddles, even Mahomes would have went for a bad statline like 1 TD 0 INT in that game. It was borderline unplayable. People making assumptions purely because "time is passing" which is dumb.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It's completely inconclusive one way or the other. He was a big project pick, any rookie starts dont matter. And the only other game he played was soldier field which was full of puddles, even Mahomes would have went for a bad statline like 1 TD 0 INT in that game. It was borderline unplayable. People making assumptions purely because "time is passing" which is dumb.

You trade 2 future FRPs to move up to select him, sit him pretty much his entire rookie year, and then breaks his ankle 2 games into the season.  That's a terrible ROI.  And that's not taking into account that he looked awful against Chicago.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You trade 2 future FRPs to move up to select him, sit him pretty much his entire rookie year, and then breaks his ankle 2 games into the season.  That's a terrible ROI.  And that's not taking into account that he looked awful against Chicago.

Good ROI or not, no one knows what so ever if he's a bust yet. 

50 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

To keep it in perspective, you only named 5 people over a 40 year tenure. Shouldn't inspire confidence but anything can happen

I could name more, but I was trying to be reticent of your limitation (that only QBs who would have been worthy of #1 picks counted) and of not going too far back because of how offenses have evolved. Although, I cheated a little bit with Favre.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

We will say what we want to say. 

Say it just don't will it into reality 😜

Lions are in a position to compete in the division as soon as next year if they can field a competent defense, that needs to be the focus early.

34 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The Lions have so many other picks to help with that defense. 

And if they’re any good moving forward you’re not gonna be in a position to get a qb as talented as AR15

Richardson plus Jameson Williams I’m telling y’all would go crazy

They had a top 5 offense last season with Goff.