The Anthony Richardson Thread

brownie man

36 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

His age and injury are working against him pretty hard. You're not going to take him in the first, so you've got a 4 year rookie contract. He may not be ready to play his rookie year, so in 2024 you're looking at a 26 year old QB with probably 0 on-field NFL experience on a 3 year deal.

Still better than Tanner McKee.

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not a QB in this draft after Stroud and Young i'd take in the first, and that includes Levis

I would take Richardson in the late first, if I had a good staff. His traits would make him worth a second rounder even if you don’t have the staff imo. But then you need to understand that he’s sitting for a year before you get anything.

Levis I wouldn’t take until well after Hooker and Hall were both gone.

Just now, Daniel said:

Still better than Tanner McKee.

I like Hooker better than Mckee as well, but I'm trying to get into the mind of what NFL GMs would be thinking.

This is a hot take, but if I were in the right situation, Richardson would be my top QB over everyone else, including Love and Stroud.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If my options are Hooker on late Day 2/early Day 3 or a non-Stroud/Young QB in the first round, I'm taking Hooker in a heartbeat.

I like Hooker later on Day 2. That system is gimmicky, but he still executed it far better than other QBs who have played in it, including Drew Lock, did.

20 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This is a hot take, but if I were in the right situation, Richardson would be my top QB over everyone else, including Love and Stroud.

Would that "situation" perhaps be a game of Madden?

I don't hate Richardson. I think he's as good of a scratch-off lottery ticket as you're going to find. I would definitely consider taking him in the top 10 if I were a QB-needy team in the midst of a rebuild. The Commanders, Panthers, Seahawks, and Raiders are all legitimate options for Richardson. I don't expect him to be good, but if he even scratches the surface of his potential, he's worth that pick. In today's NFL, it never hurts to gamble on a QB with upside. You're not paying these dudes $80 million as rookies anymore. If he sucks, you're probably going to be in position to take another swing the following year.

With that being said, he's in no way, shape, or form better than Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. Those two are head & shoulders above the rest of the QB's in the class in my opinion. Levis is intriguing, but he's not in the same category as the aforementioned two.

(I'm assuming you are meaning "Love" to be "Young.")

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don't hate Richardson. I think he's as good of a scratch-off lottery ticket as you're going to find. I would definitely consider taking him in the top 10 if I were a QB-needy team in the midst of a rebuild. The Commanders, Panthers, Seahawks, and Raiders are all legitimate options for Richardson. I don't expect him to be good, but if he even scratches the surface of his potential, he's worth that pick. In today's NFL, it never hurts to gamble on a QB with upside. You're not paying these dudes $80 million as rookies anymore. If he sucks, you're probably going to be in position to take another swing the following year.

With that being said, he's in no way, shape, or form better than Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. Those two are head & shoulders above the rest of the QB's in the class in my opinion. Levis is intriguing, but he's not in the same category as the aforementioned two.

I don't know why I keep confusing Bryce Love and Bryce Young. They sound similar I guess? Yes, Bryce Young.

I'm a traits-bettor. Richardson has a ton of potential and all the traits you could want. The situation isn't Madden, but if I had a suitable QB I could count on in the short term and a coaching staff that I felt confident in in their ability to develop a QB, I'd be taking him over anyone else.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:26 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

If I'm the Panthers, I wouldn't think twice about drafting Richardson at 9 and sticking him behind a veteran for a year (or two). 

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

If I'm the Panthers, I wouldn't think twice about drafting Richardson at 9 and sticking him behind a veteran for a year (or two). 

Yeah I think that’s the situation the Panthers are gonna have to roll with. They don’t really have other options all the way down at pick 9. I think Richardson makes the most sense for them if he’s even on the board at that pick. Real possibility he goes before then IMO. I don’t consider him a top 10 player in the class, but when you’re a QB, it doesn’t really matter. 

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah I think that’s the situation the Panthers are gonna have to roll with. They don’t really have other options all the way down at pick 9. I think Richardson makes the most sense for them if he’s even on the board at that pick. Real possibility he goes before then IMO. I don’t consider him a top 10 player in the class, but when you’re a QB, it doesn’t really matter. 

Agreed. They’re in such a perfect spot with a new regime where they can develop their own guy. It’ll be interesting to see if they can hold their nerve.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:17 PM, MagicMT said:

I could definitely see the Seahawks drafting Richardson at #5 and make him sit a year after tagging Geno Smith for 23'. 
Or the Panthers are a good fit as well, just not sure Richardson is still on the board by the time they're picking. 

The Seahawks and Lions seem like the two best fits, IMO. Both teams have good offenses with top tier weapons, good offensive staffs, good veteran starters in place, and they both have two first round picks so missing on one or taking a developmental guy doesn't hurt as much. 

If Richardson pans out I could see him being the piece that potentially gets the Lions over the top.

• Like 1