Week 16 Gameday Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

BTW, Mac Jones under fire from two former Patriots greats. Julian Edelman for not tackling Chandler Jones (really?), and Vince Wilfork for I guess acting too hissy on the field. 

Edelman agreed that Mac should have done more.

"The season's on the line," Edelman said. "You gotta trip him."

When panelist Brandon Marshall noted that Mac Jones never practices tackling, Edelman made a pretty direct comment about the way the quarterback handled himself during that game.

"You know what, he also doesn't practice the antics after plays and waving off coaches and all these little pissy faces and stuff. Like he doesn't practice that, and he does it," Edelman said. "Why can't you make the tackle? It's bad."

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/julian-edelman-mac-jones-making-pissy-faces-during-games/?fbclid=IwAR0jnoQeTrKO_kBwEX0ClWF21CstKKc3RCVZCFSvIKMyIGY4s89QxI-nZjY

One player Wilfork had advice for was Mac Jones.

Asked if Jones’s on-field expression of his frustrations was becoming too much, Wilfork agreed.

“I’m tired of that, honestly. I’m tired of it,” Wilfork said of Jones’s antics. “You’re the leader of this team. You’re a quarterback. So you can’t be frustrated every single week, every single play. I don’t care if you’re getting the play called in late or whatever it may be. At the end of the day, you have to show some poise because you do operate the ship. You’re the head of the ship when you’re out there.

“Control what you can control,” Wilfork added. “That’s all you can do. But I’m tired of seeing him throwing a fit.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2022/12/22/vince-wilfork-mac-jones-frustration-patriots/?p1=hp_secondary

I’ve always said teams give young QBs too long of a leash more often than too short. Some guys just don’t have it, and that’s ok. The key is to end the experiment and search for the guy who does 

Edited by CP3MVP

How many games are supposed to have absolutely dreadful weather? 

As Robert Mays said, it looks like the Chicago / Bills game is about to be played on Hoth. 

I think a lot of the east coast games are due for a rough sledding?