Random NFL Tidbits

Forge

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

I thought it was interesting that every WC game this weekend is a rematch. With the 7th seed, I guess that's going to happen pretty often.

It isnt related to the 7 seed at all. Take away the 7, and all the games are still rematches

Its mostly division related, repeat champions, or just luck

• Like 1

Not sure where to post this, so I guess here works...

If you remember - Metchie's rookie season was derailed by a diagnosis of acute promyelocytic leukemia. Every sort of cancer is scary, but initial reports is that Metchie should be able to overcome this and resume his playing career.

If he's already working out and in better shape than when he was drafted - that's just amazing to hear. Very happy for the young man.

• Like 8

There is only one NFC playoff QB that was taken in the first round: Daniel Jones.

Jalen Hurts (2nd), Brock Purdy (7th), Kirk Cousins (4th), Tom Brady (6th), Dak Prescott (4th), and Geno Smith (2nd) are the others.

Contrast that with the AFC, where everyone was taken in the first, but 2 injuries make it so the Dolphins and potentially the Ravens will not be playing their QBs. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson (Tyler Huntley/Anthony Brown), and Tua (Teddy Bridgewater [1st]/Skyler Thompson).