Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

10 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Their super bowl was week 1, they've been riding that emotional high for this whole season, which is typical for a team that just climbed the highest mountain.

It always does come crashing down come January, very hard to repeat in this league. It was a good run Vikings, but daddies home now. To bed with ya.

are they mommy?

3 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Pad level has been a problem i agree about that but he goes down from an ankle tackle last week. That is a coachable point that can actually help protect him - its a style error not an effort thing.

Based on the fact that he is having trouble accepting the handoff... i would guess the game is just moving fast for him.

Fair enough. Good discussion. Like you, I do not question his effort, ability, or worth. Just to me a matter of tweaking his pad level, especially running on those 3rd & shorts and goal line situations. He has the build to punish, to blast with lower pad level. Just want to see it more consistently.

31 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Imagine feeling the need to tweet about something stupid said on reddit by a random stranger as a journalist or media member. 

Tim is hardly a media member, just a guy who writes about the Packers occasionally for CHTV.

What's up with the Dillon hate too? That's a league wide, above average yards per carry. Also he pushed in his TD, and the majority of short yardage failures were pure blocking/scheme problems. Jones is just a different runner, and I mean that like in terms of NFL history. He doesn't cut like Barry, but he kind of like subtle cuts, while moving forward, and simultaneously maintaining full speed. I love watching him run.  

• Like 2