Week 17: VIKINGS (12-3) at Packers (7-8)

swede700

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

I would say it was Herbert, but Eugene isn't southern OR.  

definitely Herbert.  The blue covers Eugene.  Then I guess the majority of people north of Eugene either hate the ducks or don't care about college ball.   

Edited by KFP7
  • Like 1

In that earlier game, wide receiver Justin Jefferson torched the Packers to the tune of nine receptions for 184 yards and a touchdown. Speaking to the media on Thursday afternoon, Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander called that performance a fluke.

Alexander: “He don’t jump into no supersuit, get dressed and go outside, you hear me? I don’t either sometimes, but he human is what I’m saying. We ain’t putting too much on him, he’s a really good receiver by the end of the day. I’m a really good corner, we’ve got really good corners, we’ve got really good linebackers you know, d-line whatever it is. You don’t want to put too much focus on that one person cause, like, the first game that was a fluke.”

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/29/vikings-packers-justin-jefferson-jaire-alexander-fluke/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0qLTfTqYB3it3hdhOOzsY1YnUGY2NqxcpuIq3ws5tCmz3uvzzlRfIz1QU

well, son.... you're either going to back up those words with some really strong actions, or you are going to look like one sorry fool.

• Like 1

No one can be surprised by Packer fans.  I traveled to their forum a lot, and still do.  They are some of the most blind and, to be quite honest, arrogant fans I’ve ever seen in my life. Their team is straight trash. 

You point out how the Vikings are better in almost every single way, and they bring up Super Bowls. As if that was a point that we were harping on to begin with. Essentially, they’ve nothing to say of significance. 

OT: unless Cousins has a terrible game, I can’t see the Vikings losing.  We’ve been waiting all year for it.  This may be the game where the Vikings win by more than a Touchdown

OT: 36-28 Vikings

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Morlee said:

You point out how the Vikings are better in almost every single way, and they bring up Super Bowls. As if that was a point that we were harping on to begin with. Essentially, they’ve nothing to say of significance. 

And don't even go to saying that they have had 30 years of HoF QB play and only 2 SBs to show for it.  

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And don't even go to saying that they have had 30 years of HoF QB play and only 2 SBs to show for it.  

Or that their cheese and beer really aren’t that good. Or that you first thought “Spotted Cow” was named for a Packers’ fan’s wife. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

In that earlier game, wide receiver Justin Jefferson torched the Packers to the tune of nine receptions for 184 yards and a touchdown. Speaking to the media on Thursday afternoon, Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander called that performance a fluke.

Watching that interview clip on Twitter was brutal, what a clown. I hope JJ buries him on Sunday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Watching that interview clip on Twitter was brutal, what a clown. I hope JJ buries him on Sunday.

I'm thinking we need to remember this game is in Lambeau, so the PIs and defensive holding calls on Alexander and Co. will likely be minimal.   The refs will affect this game.  

As long as the Vikings keep their cool, they'll be able to move the ball and score.   If we win the TO battle by 2, we win the game . . . Probably by 1.  🤣

• Like 2