Week 17: VIKINGS (12-3) at Packers (7-8)

swede700

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I don't have to tell myself anything, I'm a fan of one of the most storied teams in NFL history, not one that last played in a SB in the Jimmy Carter presidency.

Ok. I’m glad you can use your stock certificate the next time there’s a TP shortage. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers have the 3rd most Super Bowls in the salary cap era, behind the Broncos, (one of which came from circumventing the salary cap and they have 1 winning season and 0 playoff appearances since) and Patriots.

The salary cap was created to kill the decade dynasties, and it has. Brady has only won SBs when he was on a rookie deal or signed cap friendly deals in his latter years. Brady had a 10 year draught when he was paid handsomely. Unfortunately Rodgers and Favre never left money on the table, that's how you win SBs with a HOF QB.

New-Brady-Deal-Cap-Hits-part-2.png

Not to quibble, but didn't Favre offer to forego 3 million of his salary if the Packers were to trade a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss?  I remember him being upset at the time, especially after NE ended up trading a 4th round pick for him.  Also, one aspect of the HOF QB narrative is that not only do you get elevating play from the most important position, you also don't waste valuable draft capital on the position and get to use if for other positions.  I remember reading an article during Favre's tenure that listed all of the Bear's expended draft capital on the QB position, and it was substantial.

Thielen: "The first game of the season, it's got that feeling of almost a must-win. And this week has that same feeling as a must-win, for both sides. This is a big game and December football, January football is playoff football, so you've got to treat these games like it's your last one and you've got to play your best football this time of year. We're trying to do what we need to do to prepare and get ready and then hopefully go out there and play our best football."

O'Connell:  "I can tell you just looking at them on tape, they're getting turnovers — defensively, they're getting the football. I think it's been real dynamic with their ability to take it away when it's in the air, and then also, just when they're tackling, raking at the ball, getting the football out, we've got to be great with the ball in our hands when we have it. And then they're running the football, and of course Aaron's making a lot of plays, and you can really see their passing game coming to life – both on-schedule and off-schedule. So, it's going to be a heck of a challenge. They're always so tough to play at Lambeau Field, and we've got to play a really good game to be competitive and give ourselves a chance to win."

Green Bay is 15-0 in the month of December in Head Coach Matt LaFleur's tenure.

https://www.vikings.com/news/final-thoughts-vs-packers-revisit-rivalry-playoff-implications?fbclid=IwAR1VAMy7P2As2imA6qUXey6E3HrBYGf1M3wN9QiGUPaOCjqYMDebN4ftTYo

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Thielen: "The first game of the season, it's got that feeling of almost a must-win. And this week has that same feeling as a must-win, for both sides. This is a big game and December football, January football is playoff football, so you've got to treat these games like it's your last one and you've got to play your best football this time of year. We're trying to do what we need to do to prepare and get ready and then hopefully go out there and play our best football."

O'Connell:  "I can tell you just looking at them on tape, they're getting turnovers — defensively, they're getting the football. I think it's been real dynamic with their ability to take it away when it's in the air, and then also, just when they're tackling, raking at the ball, getting the football out, we've got to be great with the ball in our hands when we have it. And then they're running the football, and of course Aaron's making a lot of plays, and you can really see their passing game coming to life – both on-schedule and off-schedule. So, it's going to be a heck of a challenge. They're always so tough to play at Lambeau Field, and we've got to play a really good game to be competitive and give ourselves a chance to win."

https://www.vikings.com/news/final-thoughts-vs-packers-revisit-rivalry-playoff-implications?fbclid=IwAR1VAMy7P2As2imA6qUXey6E3HrBYGf1M3wN9QiGUPaOCjqYMDebN4ftTYo

Time for 15-1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Wait. Tomorrow is January. 

• Like 2

The Green Bay Packers will elevate kicker Ramiz Ahmed to the gameday roster for Sunday’s showdown vs. the Minnesota Vikings. While veteran kicker Mason Crosby remains reliable on field goals, his leg strength has taken a noticeable drop-off this season. Of 32 qualifying kickers, he’s last in average distance, hangtime and touchback percentage.

The Packers will use Ahmed’s strong leg on kickoffs as a way to help combat explosive Vikings returner Kene Nwangwu, who ranks No. 2 in NFL with a 26.0-yard average. In his second year in the league, he’s got three career touchdowns, including a 97-yard touchdown this season against New England. With 4.32 speed in the 40, Nwangwu trails only Green Bay’s Keisean Nixon in average and with five returns of 30-plus yards.

Rich Bisaccia:  “He’s got great size and he’s got great speed and, obviously, he’s put on tape he has the ability to finish. He’s hard to tackle. He’s a slippery player. We only had to cover him one time the last time we played them up there. It will be a good challenge in this weather. He’s certainly going to get some returns against us. So, hopefully, we’ll tackle.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-elevating-kicker-against-vikings

ya think maybe they're concerned about their special teams tackling ability...? 

So, hopefully, we’ll tackle.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't have to tell myself anything, I'm a fan of one of the most storied teams in NFL history, not one that last played in a SB in the Jimmy Carter presidency.

The exact kind of Green Bay fan that I was referring to a couple pages ago.  I may be going a little too far here, but I can’t help it. 

Did anyone tout Vikings Super Bowls, or state that they’re a superior championship team? Why take shots simply because someone calls your team out on their failures? You Green Bay fans do it to us all the time.

Going from a player like Favre to Rodgers, and enjoying such greatness at the most vital position on the field, is unheard of. Most teams get stuck with average to less than average QBs for most of their existence, and still accomplish more than the Packers have.

Maybe Montana to Young, or Manning to Luck fits that same Favre/Rodgers mold. Point is, Rodgers isn’t just great. He is an insanely talented QB that has little to no comparisons. And your franchise still couldn’t do anything, even with that. And then you complain like it’s his fault.  Lol

Currently: Your team is still trash, and what’s relevant, and always has been relevant — since no Vikings fan I know has ever boasted their Super Bowls; that’s just Packer fans talking nonsense — is that Packers are going to be bottom feeders for the foreseeable future.  And you fans deserve it. 

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Morlee said:

The exact kind of Green Bay fan that I was referring to a couple pages ago.  I may be going a little too far here, but I can’t help it. 

Did anyone tout Vikings Super Bowls, or state that they’re a superior championship team? Why take shots simply because someone calls your team out on their failures? You Green Bay fans do it to us all the time.

Going from a player like Favre to Rodgers, and enjoying such greatness at the most vital position on the field, is unheard of. Most teams get stuck with average to less than average QBs for most of their existence, and still accomplish more than the Packers have.

Maybe Montana to Young, or Manning to Luck fits that same Favre/Rodgers mold. Point is, Rodgers isn’t just great. He is an insanely talented QB that has little to no comparisons. And your franchise still couldn’t do anything, even with that. And then you complain like it’s his fault.  Lol

Currently: Your team is still trash, and what’s relevant, and always has been relevant — since no Vikings fan I know has ever boasted their Super Bowls; that’s just Packer fans talking nonsense — is that Packers are going to be bottom feeders for the foreseeable future.  And you fans deserve it. 

Lol, man I'm glad you guys are good for your 1 year, it was getting boring being at the top all alone.