Week 17: VIKINGS (12-3) at Packers (7-8)

swede700

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

so this begs the question...

who have been the greatest book smart-est Viking players?

yes, Robert Smith...
Birk went to Harvard...
who was that safety we had from the Bengals who almost broke his neck on the field? he was very articulate....

I feel like Alan Page has to figure in there somewhere?

• Like 3

Pete Bercich (in very spooky lighting) examines the Packer defense on film and shows their weaknesses:

https://www.vikings.com/video/film-room-how-the-vikings-can-look-to-exploit-the-packers-defense-on-sunday?fbclid=IwAR3FJqtNJbdDOpX1gID5RYqPENiLP03ZGLB9N-FYJGzF-BNMLH9w7HHMN3E

hint: they're not that good. and get confused easily.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:20 AM, swede700 said:

And don't even go to saying that they have had 30 years of HoF QB play and only 2 SBs to show for it.  

I'm not here to troll or trash talk. But I don't get why this narrative is always brought up. Having a HOF QB doesn't garrentee anything, there's plenty of HOF QBs with zero SB rings. It's very hard to win a SB. Brady was an outlier who played in a terrible division the majority of his tenure which helped him get the top seeds every year. I'd rather have two rings than zero rings. I can proudly say I got to watch my favorite sports team win two championships in my lifetime, many can't say that.

You do have some realistic fans like me who can admit that the Vikings this year are better than the Packers. I've been in the Tank camp since week 6 because I knew the team was trash. This team is not going anywhere this year I'll admit that. I've been rooting against the Packers for weeks. I'm at a point now that I really don't care if we win or lose now that they killed their draft position. If we lose great, that means the end of the Joe Barry era in GB and the start of the Love era. If we win, we can continue to be spoilers by sneaking in and upsetting some top rival seeds. 

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, vike daddy said:

so this begs the question...

who have been the greatest book smart-est Viking players?

yes, Robert Smith...
Birk went to Harvard...
who was that safety we had from the Bengals who almost broke his neck on the field? he was very articulate....

Interesting subject . . . Going back, I'd have to say Steve Jordan, with his engineering degree from Brown, is well-spoken. Harrison Smith seems quite sharp also.

I think the most entertaining Vikes, verbally, include Jared Allen, Ahmad Rashad, and Moss.  Most recently, PP answers questions at a level that translates FB intelligence to common folk perty-dern well😆💯.  

Last, but not least, where's that Orange Peanut guy?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I'm not here to troll or trash talk. But I don't get why this narrative is always brought up. Having a HOF QB doesn't garrentee anything, there's plenty of HOF QBs with zero SB rings. It's very hard to win a SB. Brady was an outlier who played in a terrible division the majority of his tenure which helped him get the top seeds every year. I'd rather have two rings than zero rings. I can proudly say I got to watch my favorite sports team win two championships in my lifetime, many can't say that.

You do have some realistic fans like me who can admit that the Vikings this year are better than the Packers. I've been in the Tank camp since week 6 because I knew the team was trash. This team is not going anywhere this year I'll admit that. I've been rooting against the Packers for weeks. I'm at a point now that I really don't care if we win or lose now that they killed their draft position. If we lose great, that means the end of the Joe Barry era in GB and the start of the Love era. If we win, we can continue to be spoilers by sneaking in and upsetting some top rival seeds. 

I think this point is brought up because so many Packer fans act like they’ve been a dynasty on par with the 49ers, Steelers and Patriots, and that’s simply not true. Have they dominated the division with Favre and Rodgers? Sure. But if you’re going to call yourself “Titletown USA,” you should have a few more titles. ESPECIALLY with the league’s most consistent “greatness” at the most important position. 

If the Packers defeat the Vikings on Sunday, their playoff probability rises to 55%. If Green Bay loses, the same chances dip to 3%.

It is essentially a playoff game for Green Bay, but there are bizarre scenarios where the Packers can lose to the Vikings and still get in. But a Packers loss and win or tie by the Washington Commanders would end Green Bay’s season.

https://purpleptsd.com/2022/vikings/vikings-analysis/hockenson-trade-best/

@St Vince

Edited by vike daddy

52 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I think this point is brought up because so many Packer fans act like they’ve been a dynasty on par with the 49ers, Steelers and Patriots, and that’s simply not true. Have they dominated the division with Favre and Rodgers? Sure. But if you’re going to call yourself “Titletown USA,” you should have a few more titles. ESPECIALLY with the league’s most consistent “greatness” at the most important position. 

The Packers have won 13 league championships, the most in NFL history, with nine pre-Super Bowl NFL titles and four Super Bowl victories. That's where title town comes from. To be the smallest market and not a favorite destination for free agents I think the Packers organization did very well. The 49ers and Cowboys have only one more trophy than us and they haven't won anything since the 90's. The Steelers and Patriots are the envy of the NFL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, St Vince said:

The Packers have won 13 league championships, the most in NFL history, with nine pre-Super Bowl NFL titles and four Super Bowl victories. That's where title town comes from. To be the smallest market and not a favorite destination for free agents I think the Packers organization did very well. The 49ers and Cowboys have only one more trophy than us and they haven't won anything since the 90's. The Steelers and Patriots are the envy of the NFL.

Cool. That would be like Gophers fans living off their past National Championships from the 50s. But no, they realize their dominance from 70 years ago means nothing. No one cares what you won when Model Ts we're still on the roads. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Cool. That would be like Gophers fans living off their past National Championships from the 50s. But no, they realize their dominance from 70 years ago means nothing. No one cares what you won when Model Ts we're still on the roads. 

'tis the season of being nice, Mr Scrooge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Packers have the 3rd most Super Bowls in the salary cap era, behind the Broncos, (one of which came from circumventing the salary cap and they have 1 winning season and 0 playoff appearances since) and Patriots.

The salary cap was created to kill the decade dynasties, and it has. Brady has only won SBs when he was on a rookie deal or signed cap friendly deals in his latter years. Brady had a 10 year draught when he was paid handsomely. Unfortunately Rodgers and Favre never left money on the table, that's how you win SBs with a HOF QB.

New-Brady-Deal-Cap-Hits-part-2.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers have the 3rd most Super Bowls in the salary cap era, behind the Broncos, (one of which came from circumventing the salary cap and they have 1 winning season and 0 playoff appearances since) and Patriots.

The salary cap was created to kill the decade dynasties, and it has. Brady has only won SBs when he was on a rookie deal or signed cap friendly deals in his latter years. Brady had a 10 year draught when he was paid handsomely. Unfortunately Rodgers and Favre never left money on the table, that's how you win SBs with a HOF QB.

New-Brady-Deal-Cap-Hits-part-2.png

If that's what you have to tell yourself. 

• Like 2