MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

We all pray for Hamlin and his family.

For all you old guys out there like me. Oddly reminds me of Dale Earnhardt's death. Yes it was a racecar going close to 200, but the impact "didn't look that bad" either and we all know what happened. This is just crazy.

All of our fears watching these games that something like this would happen.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I have several kinds of first aid training, I'm no EMT. But why not get him in the ambulance and administer CPR enroute to the hospital? You've got a flat surface with the backboard and gurney plus you're that much closer to getting to the hospital.

They had to have started before they arrived. Likely trying to get the AED there and did it until then. 

• Like 2

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Maybe this is like what happened to that soccer player a couple years ago. Where he collapsed on the field and they did CPR on him 

from what I remember, Eriksen didn't take any hit...he just collapsed on the field without any contact

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I have several kinds of first aid training, I'm no EMT. But why not get him in the ambulance and administer CPR enroute to the hospital? You've got a flat surface with the backboard and gurney plus you're that much closer to getting to the hospital.

If they gave him CPR on the field his heart definitely stopped. Every second counts so you need to start CPR right away and not waste time putting him on a board and into a stretcher.