MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Crazier things have happened.

Also, here’s an interesting nugget: Interim coaches are 15-10 in their first game since 2010, and 6-1 over the last 7 games. 

Broncos country, let’s ride.

I still remember 2011, when the Chiefs were absolute crap, we got destroyed 37-10 by the Jets, fired Todd Haley, and the team was temporarily inspired to beat the then 13-0 Packers.

We then proceeded to continue sucking under Romeo Crennell after that, but....anything can happen for one game. I don't count it out.

Also, let's be real, the Chiefs are a pretty streaky and emotional team, as good as they are. See: the first game against Denver.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

National media quite frankly got bored with the team after the Miami loss in 110 degree heat and have been chomping at the bit for another team to top them since, same thing with the Colts game last year.

I think it has more to do with Josh Allen than anything else. His play since the bye has been...inconsistent. Josh Allen isn't all the Bills have going for them, obviously, but when the top competition features Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes, that dip is going to be more noticed. Like, we're talking a 20ish point difference in passer rating over that time. Burrow is completing 10% more of his passes. Mahomes averages 1.6 more yards per attempt. Fair or not, the AFC contender discussion is probably going to center around how the QBs are doing for a good while now, and that comparison hasn't been as favorable for the Bills for about two months.

14 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

It's still better to play the divisionnal round at home than on the road vs KC or Buffalo. And the 7th seed is likely to be much less dangerous than a team like the Chargers or the Ravens in the 6th seed

Historically speaking the Chargers and Ravens are both teams that can upset a really good team in the playoffs, only to completely blow it and look like clowns the following week. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I think it has more to do with Josh Allen than anything else. His play since the bye has been...inconsistent. Josh Allen isn't all the Bills have going for them, obviously, but when the top competition features Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes, that dip is going to be more noticed. Like, we're talking a 20ish point difference in passer rating over that time. Burrow is completing 10% more of his passes. Mahomes averages 1.6 more yards per attempt. Fair or not, the AFC contender discussion is probably going to center around how the QBs are doing for a good while now, and that comparison hasn't been as favorable for the Bills for about two months.

I think a player is responsible for their play if they decide to play hurt, but i think we as fans, and the media should also be objective. The dude sprained his throwing elbow and that almost directly lead to the streaky stretch. 

10 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I think a player is responsible for their play if they decide to play hurt, but i think we as fans, and the media should also be objective. The dude sprained his throwing elbow and that almost directly lead to the streaky stretch. 

Is it healed, then? Because if it is, he still didn't look particularly great against Chicago either. If it isn't, then it's still relevant to how the team and player should be regarded. Whether the inconsistency is injury related or not, it looks to still be an issue recently, at least as far as I can tell.

Like, I'm not going to say it isn't injury related, you'll know more about the Bills than I do. But two out of his last three games still haven't been impressive by Josh Allen standards. So either he's healed and there's still inconsistencies, or he isn't healed and that's causing inconsistencies, but either way it's kind of relevant.

18 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Is it healed, then? Because if it is, he still didn't look particularly great against Chicago either. If it isn't, then it's still relevant to how the team and player should be regarded. Whether the inconsistency is injury related or not, it looks to still be an issue recently, at least as far as I can tell.

Like, I'm not going to say it isn't injury related, you'll know more about the Bills than I do. But two out of his last three games still haven't been impressive by Josh Allen standards. So either he's healed and there's still inconsistencies, or he isn't healed and that's causing inconsistencies, but either way it's kind of relevant.

I personally don’t think it’s fully healed yet. I think he’s in better shape than he was a month ago for sure though. Chicago was also a wind storm. 

35 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Tbh a lot of his issues are also just that the other guys on the team just have no idea what they're doing half the time. Like he had an 'awful' pick against the Bears where, looking at the film, Davis runs the completely wrong depth on his in breaking route which let's the safety get in front of the spot where he is SUPPOSED to be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I still remember 2011, when the Chiefs were absolute crap, we got destroyed 37-10 by the Jets, fired Todd Haley, and the team was temporarily inspired to beat the then 13-0 Packers.

We then proceeded to continue sucking under Romeo Crennell after that, but....anything can happen for one game. I don't count it out.

Also, let's be real, the Chiefs are a pretty streaky and emotional team, as good as they are. See: the first game against Denver.

If the Broncos beat the Chiefs the week, it’s certainly not going to be because of past history. 14 straight wins by KC in that series

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

This is going to be a helluva game.  I expect a tight one, but I also wouldn't be shocked by a 20 point blowout either way.

I would be. The Bills have 3 double digit losses (4 if you count 2021 loss to chiefs in the AFCCG) since the beginning of 2019. Not sure about the Bengals in that aspect though

17 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I would be. The Bills have 3 double digit losses (4 if you count 2021 loss to chiefs in the AFCCG) since the beginning of 2019. Not sure about the Bengals in that aspect though

Just for this year,the Bengals had a awful game in Cleveland but the other 3 losses, they lost on the last play of the game, so I also expect a close game!