MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

I'm prolly going to get crucified for this opinion, but I think you can be legitimately concerned about Hamlin's safety while also acknowledging the logistical difficulties in cancelling the game.

I don't think this was an easy or obvious decision for the NFL at all, quite frankly.

I respect it, there just is no easy answer imo. 

• Like 4

Just now, Soggust said:

I'm prolly going to get crucified for this opinion, but I think you can be legitimately concerned about Hamlin's safety while also acknowledging the logistical difficulties in cancelling the game.

I don't think this was an easy or obvious decision for the NFL at all, quite frankly.

I think literally everyone has this standpoint.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

15 minutes for legal to receive e-mail. 15 minutes to respond "approved".

You have to have somebody draft it, have your top people review it, allow them to make their changes, get everybody's sign off, and then you can finally send it. It takes time, as somebody who has to do some of this stuff for my work. 

• Like 6

Just now, August4th said:

NFL gonna go down fighting for this game to not be canceled ..I bet they are thinking about having them play tomorrow

Yup.... the most sensible thing to do is move the game to next Sunday night or Saturday, and bump the regular season up a week.

Just now, Soggust said:

I mean it's a game, a job, at some point human life matters more than any of that. 

I get why, I get they don't, but that doesn't make it less gross.

Just now, Alex Flood said:

Skip Bayless has a place in hell reserved for him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1610101204687949827

Again, what did Skip say that was wrong there? He literally says the regular season outcome seems so irrelvant now, but the NFL cares too much about the outcome of this game given AFC seedings. He gives his condolences in the last sentence. And I HATE Skip and his ilk.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

This is a failure of preparation - all of this could have been brainstormed in advance. And players were stuck in limbo because a $15 billion company is too lazy to develop a plan for how to cancel a game on short notice.

• Like 4