MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I've seen some mention soccer players, but this to me looked more similar to Chris Pronger. A force to the chest at just the wrong time in the heart cycle can send you into cardiac arrest. If that's what it is then that is somewhat good in that if (hopefully when) stabilized there shouldn't be any additional problems that need attention or fixing in the heart. 

I had forgotten about the pronger incident. Also very scary

Just now, Calamity_Cometh said:

I imagine the hospital doesn't want journalists loitering around their facility at night probing for information near their ICU

Bingo. Yeah I wanna know but not with them ******* with their fam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

For all the complaining about what ESPN did, the NBA kept posting highlights and cut off interviews of players saying anything. 

So one guy doing his job didn't tweet out what all of the nba is obviously thinking fast enough?  Completely irrelevant and absurd you'd even look for that. I take it you hate the NBA.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Why would they call it a tie? I imagine it just gets scrapped altogether. 

From a standings perspective, both mean the same, FWIW. 13-3 and 13-3-1 are identical for all intents and purposes. Tie just makes it pretty as it still adds up to 17 games.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It just rubbed me as wrong to see no acknowledgement. 

What did the MLB and NHL Twitter handles say? Any other official league Twitter accounts say anything in a more timely manner for you?

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

What’s the NBA have to do with an NFL injury? Should the NBA tweet their condolences every time someone in the world has a serious injury? 

Not trying to be insensitive, just not sure how the NBA deserves any criticism

I think they're okay with what they did. But I see what he means if you're fan of both leagues. Still can't get over watching that. My gosh

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The NFL wants for more information on Hamlin health situation.   Generates options on this game and next week's games.  

Cincy and Buffalo make a joint decision on 

-- playing Tuesday or wednesday

-- tie game/ no result

-- forfeit by 1 of the teams

-- whatever other options that may exist

I think ultimately Buffalo will have to forfeit. I can't see Cinci - as classy as they were today - risking having to be a 5 seed by not winning the North due to two games within 5 days of one another - instead of a 2 or 3 seed.

25 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

From a standings perspective, both mean the same, FWIW. 13-3 and 13-3-1 are identical for all intents and purposes. Tie just makes it pretty as it still adds up to 17 games.

But awarding a tie is complete fabrication, though. 

One small step further, do you make up a score, too? 

man this really makes me sick. 

Apparently there's a timeframe where if you get hit in the chest just right, your heart stops.  How can anyone suit up for another game now knowing that?

The way he stood and then fell is disturbing. 

Easily the scariest injury I've seen in 20+ years of watching the NFL. The whole getting-back-up-only-to-collapse-back-down thing reminded me of Hank Gathers from 1990. Hank's family even came out of the stands, just like tonight. Very disturbing. It does seem he'll pull through, though, so thank God for that.

What I'm wondering is if there was something that may have increased Damar's risk? A preexisting condition (like Gathers), etc.

Of all the hits I've seen over the past two decades, I'm having a hard time believing what looked to be such a relatively mild hit (by a wide receiver, no less) was the one to do so much damage. It just does not compute in my mind how the human body can withstand so much, so often, and then . . . this.

• Like 2