MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Statement passive-aggressively implies weekend games will go ahead.

"We have not announced any changes to this weekend's schedule" (because there aren't any)

Ooof, I overlooked that part. Thanks for setting that straight.

Not sure how they can expect people to play, especially the Bills but.... ****, I dunno. Tough to think about this one. Doesn't seem like there's a right answer that isn't delaying games and creating those other issues that I feel like could easily be dealt w/..... maybe...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The statement doesn't address the current week though. Are they expecting everyone to go out there and play w/ this on their minds, especially Buffalo and Cincy? 

I understand we've already gone through the logistic nightmare that would happen as a result of stopping the league for a week but at some point, you have to make a decision and the sooner you make it, the  better.

Their decision appears to be to go on with week 18 and hope Hamlin improves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Woah.  Bart Scott….read the damn room:

Same fool who literally said last year that the ravens "were gonna red dot Joe Burrow" after he threw for 400 plus against them in the first matchup last year.  What a tool.

And if a helmet truly caused it, not Higgins' shoulder pad, it came when Hamlin fell on top of him.  Complete freak accident.  That's it.  case closed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Their decision appears to be to go on with week 18 and hope Hamlin improves.

I know this sounds ultracallused but - this is the right call.  Not like they can put the entire season on hold until he’s out of the hospital or passes away (I certainly hope not).  But the best they can do is say they plan on waiting out the week and see how this progresses.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Middle of pads are held together by a tie rather than solid plate for this reading.

good, the same scissors they used to cut his jersey wide open were then used to cut the ties of the chest pads, instead of switching to another hand tool. believe me, they did not take the time to untie the ties, they cut them. and fast.

start. compressions. as. quickly. as. possible.  do. not. stop.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Same fool who literally said last year that the ravens "were gonna red dot Joe Burrow" after he threw for 400 plus against them in the first matchup last year.  What a tool.

And if a helmet truly caused it, not Higgins' shoulder pad, it came when Hamlin fell on top of him.  Complete freak accident.  That's it.  case closed.

He’s a certified Bengals hater 

• Like 1

If they intend to make no changes to the schedule, I think the regular season moves up a week and Bye week for SB is removed. Another possibility is Bills/Bengals on an extra TNF, with their WC games the following Monday. Three games in eight days seems highly unlikely after what just transpired.

My decision would be "no contest", and make all Bills/Cinci/KC playoff games neutral sites in Det and Indianapolis. KC would clinch the bye with a win on Saturday.

Edited by WheatieMan

Just now, warfelg said:

I know this sounds ultracallused but - this is the right call.  Not like they can put the entire season on hold until he’s out of the hospital or passes away (I certainly hope not).  But the best they can do is say they plan on waiting out the week and see how this progresses.  

I agree. And I think most players probably do to. If there are players who won't or don't want to play this weekend, that is their prerogative.

Same for the Bills themselves. If the team can't practice this week or play, then so be it. I know a lot of fans would be upset but it should be there call whether to play or not as scheduled.  

• Like 1