Bears @ Lions on New Year's Day

beardown3231

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

This might sound crazy and I don't want to be starting any controversies but I can't think of any other reasons they'd have Fields playing late in a blow out game at this point in a lost season other than maybe they aren't completely sold on him as the QB of the future or they want him to break Lamar Jackson's single season rushing record for a QB.

Otherwise today was complete negligence from the coaching staff. Fields took so many unnecessary hits that could have seriously injured him

The jury is very much out on this coaching staff. Need to see a big improvement in 2023 or else their seats should all start to get real hot. 

Frankly that goes for all.. including J Fields. Should be a very interesting offseason 

I said the same thing. Either Poles is an awful evaluator and thought his additions were decent, or they aren't fans of Fields

24 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This might sound crazy and I don't want to be starting any controversies but I can't think of any other reasons they'd have Fields playing late in a blow out game at this point in a lost season other than maybe they aren't completely sold on him as the QB of the future or they want him to break Lamar Jackson's single season rushing record for a QB.

Otherwise today was complete negligence from the coaching staff. Fields took so many unnecessary hits that could have seriously injured him

The jury is very much out on this coaching staff. Need to see a big improvement in 2023 or else their seats should all start to get real hot. 

Frankly that goes for all.. including J Fields. Should be a very interesting offseason 

If it isn’t doubt…and truthfully I don’t think it is…the only thing I can think is it’s about building his leadership and ability to deal with hardship…being a 5 star recruit then going to Georgia then Ohio State you don’t face a ton of hard times against opponents…maybe Flus & co feel this is the best way to develop him further to become the true leader of the team…that said many of these guys aren’t going to be here next season and I would rather we built that leadership in the offseason rather than having him out there getting beaten up.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This was my thinking too....I think we as fans think too much about protecting players. Of coure you dont want him to get hurt but you also dont just bench him and basically say the rest of your team sucks haha. Like you cant just say screw you to the other 52 guys out there and say "Fields is our golden boy"......I also dont think Fields would want that. He has to be a leader ..... not a teachers pet type kid.

Plus he is a first year starter....this isnt like taking out Tom Brady because hes done it a million times. Fields can use the reps. Hes not NFL royalty yet.

This team is a mess. I'm not upset at the loss, we're in a tank year. But there was little good play after the first quarter on either side.

OL got smoked by a bad defense, thought the Lions DL has some talent.

Fields played like crap after the 1st quarter, though there were what, 3 drops? His accuracy was bad today and either he or Getsy needs to learn what the hell a hot route is. 7/21 is never acceptable even with a few drops and crap around you

DL, LB, DBs and WRs were crap. Yeah Thomas, Brisker and Gordon made tackles but a number of those were 5+ yards off the LOS and after completions they gave up.

And we were completely out-coached again. Honestly Eberflus, Getsy, and Williams are really underwhelming for another week, I hope with more talent they get things rolling but damn. Its getting old seeing teams roll out Purdy, Cooper Rush and Stidham and have an offense moving while we have a talent like Fields floundering for the second year in a row.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

This team is a mess. I'm not upset at the loss, we're in a tank year. But there was little good play after the first quarter on either side.

OL got smoked by a bad defense, thought the Lions DL has some talent.

Fields played like crap after the 1st quarter, though there were what, 3 drops? His accuracy was bad today and either he or Getsy needs to learn what the hell a hot route is. 7/21 is never acceptable even with a few drops and crap around you

DL, LB, DBs and WRs were crap. Yeah Thomas, Brisker and Gordon made tackles but a number of those were 5+ yards off the LOS and after completions they gave up.

And we were completely out-coached again. Honestly Eberflus, Getsy, and Williams are really underwhelming for another week, I hope with more talent they get things rolling but damn. Its getting old seeing teams roll out Purdy, Cooper Rush and Stidham and have an offense moving while we have a talent like Fields floundering for the second year in a row.

I think the Lions are a classic example of a team who are just a few years ahead of us on the rip it down and build it back up train...they have 3 1st round picks on the OL & a 3rd rounder...on the DL they have 2 1st round picks, a 2nd, a 3rd & plenty of experienced physical depth...in the trenches we are not build right now to compete with that and why IMO every resource we have this offseason has to be thrown at the OL & DL before we even think of addressing anything else.

• Like 1

I am watching this as I do all games on gamepass after all you guys.  

I am early in third and ready to quit watching. This is pain. 

Everybody sucks.  Braxton Jones sucks most.  He is embarrassing today.

What the hell is with us having a youth football first quarter game plan of running QB every play?   Embarrassing.  Banged Fields up again and then.

Defense secondary is making business decisions left and right and I kinda don’t blame them.   Front seven is soooo bad. 

At least I know we are going to lose.  Not sure these reps are helping develop Fields at all.   Like playing golf all wrong.  

Plus is Velus Jones played a good game.  How about tossing him some balls?  

Are we developing Pettis? 

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the Lions are a classic example of a team who are just a few years ahead of us on the rip it down and build it back up train...they have 3 1st round picks on the OL & a 3rd rounder...on the DL they have 2 1st round picks, a 2nd, a 3rd & plenty of experienced physical depth...in the trenches we are not build right now to compete with that and why IMO every resource we have this offseason has to be thrown at the OL & DL before we even think of addressing anything else.

Thats part of the problem. Pace and Nagy should have been canned before last season. Poles or whoever should have been using LAST year as the rebuild. Now this is the 2nd wasted year for Fields' rookie contract. I think taking the job here means they should have themselves tied to Fields. Don't draft another top QB and then have another duo come in to accept their sloppy seconds.

But the Bears just do Bears things. Phillips had to hire one more GM before he stepped down. Warren or whoever hopefully can pick a better GM if Phillips found a way to curse Poles too. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Thats part of the problem. Pace and Nagy should have been canned before last season. Poles or whoever should have been using LAST year as the rebuild. Now this is the 2nd wasted year for Fields' rookie contract. I think taking the job here means they should have themselves tied to Fields. Don't draft another top QB and then have another duo come in to accept their sloppy seconds.

But the Bears just do Bears things. Phillips had to hire one more GM before he stepped down. Warren or whoever hopefully can pick a better GM if Phillips found a way to curse Poles too. lol

I agree but we are where we are.

once again, this forum is either molding HoF busts or writing eulogies. There is never an in between with a bunch of you. 

Sometimes guys have bad games, doesn’t mean they are trash.

I truly don’t know how some of you make it from day to day. Must be a pallets of Blood Pressure meds among this bunch

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

once again, this forum is either molding HoF busts or writing eulogies. There is never an in between with a bunch of you. 

Sometimes guys have bad games, doesn’t mean they are trash.

I truly don’t know how some of you make it from day to day. Must be a pallets of Blood Pressure meds among this bunch

A tanking team with many starters hurt.  Wheels just came off. 

Effort was disappointing across whole team.  Loafs galore.

Justin didn’t play well.  Was over exposed to injury with play calling.  

Season can’t end fast enough.  Sucks they have to play out the string.  

• Like 1