Bears @ Lions on New Year's Day

beardown3231

53 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I love how I defend Dieter Eislen in another thread (forget which) and how he deserves a shot at more playing time and he goes out and lays a total egg.

LOL

At least he wasn't alone in that game in doing so.   Seems a lot of guys took the day off.

I'm still all for him and Leatherwood to get reps this week. Granted I hope they just let Fields get the rushing record and then pull him, but that is just so there is at least one positive from the game. lol

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I love how I defend Dieter Eislen in another thread (forget which) and how he deserves a shot at more playing time and he goes out and lays a total egg.

LOL

At least he wasn't alone in that game in doing so.   Seems a lot of guys took the day off.

I'll just leave this here...

Hahaha only kidding man 😂...rough to watch him struggle and it impact Fields so much as well as the running game...just goes to show how much work Poles is going to have this offseason especially when it comes to fixing the trenches.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL

I was thinking of saying something during the game, but with as bad as everyone played it wasn't worth mentioning. It was just a disgusting game all around.

• Like 1

I had this game on my DVR since I did a 9 pin no tap bowling tournament that day.  They had the game on at the bowling alley.  It looked like it was going to be a shootout at first, then we fell apart.  I knew the final score before I left so I just deleted it when I got home.  This game really proved that this off season we need to get Fields protection and weapons.  IMO of we keep all 8 of our picks, we should draft 2 O-Linemen and 2 WRs.  7/21 for only 75 yards 1 TD and 1 INT won't win games.  Out of 22 total rushes, Fields had 10.  A few were designed runs no doubt.  Monty and Herbert should get the bulk of the runs.  The less said about the defense, the better. 

13 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I was thinking of saying something during the game, but with as bad as everyone played it wasn't worth mentioning. It was just a disgusting game all around.

Yeah, I could call out a lot of guys from that game.   They put some really bad film out there.

I don’t think we should define them by it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don’t think we should define them by it. 

They have done a dang good job of showing up all year when we have clearly been aiming to lose (as an organization). They were bound to hit a wall at some point, and 8 straight losses will do that to you

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They have done a dang good job of showing up all year when we have clearly been aiming to lose (as an organization). They were bound to hit a wall at some point, and 8 straight losses will do that to you

Thats a good point. It was obvious for us that it was a tank year with the scrapping of big contracts and the Bears eating all that dead cap this year, but the players didn't resign themselves to that. For my complaints about Eberflus, Getsy, and Williams, their guys fought like hell for most games. Seven games of losing by 8 points or less is no small feat with the talent deficit they have.

Poles is going to have to put in a ton of work and money for the Bears to really be playoff contenders but there will be little excuse to not be as competitive with better results next season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

A combination of our guys being lax and Detroit being really fired up after their last game will result in games like we saw.  

Plus Detroit has been adding blue chip guys of late high in draft and participated in FA as well.   Chark would be our best WR at moment and was a 1 year deal for them.

They are simply much more talented and finally started to show it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Poles is going to have to put in a ton of work and money for the Bears to really be playoff contenders but there will be little excuse to not be as competitive with better results next season.

Im not going into the offseason expecting us to be major Playoff Contenders in 2023 (unless there are some massive shifts, i.e. Rodgers moving on, plus much more) But I would like to see us compete with those top teams, and be "in the hunt" approaching Christmas

Ive said forever, this is a multi-year rebuild if we want it to be done right, and keep us as a perennial playoff team, eventually with Super Bowl hopes

28 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not going into the offseason expecting us to be major Playoff Contenders in 2023 (unless there are some massive shifts, i.e. Rodgers moving on, plus much more) But I would like to see us compete with those top teams, and be "in the hunt" approaching Christmas

Ive said forever, this is a multi-year rebuild if we want it to be done right, and keep us as a perennial playoff team, eventually with Super Bowl hopes

He left too much work to redo it in one year.    Therefore, he has to make a big trade with 1st or 2nd pick I think. 

I wouldn't be aiming for the whole trade down 1 or 2 slots for a 3rd or 4th rounder thing.  That really doesn't move the needle.

You are looking to add multiple high round picks.   I might trade a slot or two down and then trade down again.   

I am not all that worried about missing out on Carter or Anderson.  

If Poles picks QB like some are speculating, mainly for clicks I think, we might as well forget it.   That dude even if it's Peyton Manning is doomed.   He simply won't have talent around him in time to look good and Bears will end up firing everyone again in 4 years.  

Maybe its silly smoke screen so teams offer trades.   That is other thing.  You can't let teams ignore you thinking you won't take QB.   You have to be prepared to take one of these guys so they don't trade to spot just after you thinking they can get their guy.   Then trade him.    Wouldn't that be a wild day?

Many Bears fans would lose their minds when that pick was made.

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If Poles picks QB like some are speculating, mainly for clicks I think, we might as well forget it.   That dude even if it's Peyton Manning is doomed.   He simply won't have talent around him in time to look good and Bears will end up firing everyone again in 4 years.  

Bingo

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe its silly smoke screen so teams offer trades.   That is other thing.  You can't let teams ignore you thinking you won't take QB.   You have to be prepared to take one of these guys so they don't trade to spot just after you thinking they can get their guy.   Then trade him.    Wouldn't that be a wild day?

I understand what you are saying, BUT its not like theres really only one or two other teams that need a QB, we dont need to be the leverage, its all the other teams that are the leverage. We just need to make it known that we are fine dropping all the way to Washington (14) or even Tampa (21ish) if Brady moves on. Even if we have no intention of going that far.

Right now, even if Houston stays at #1, we have atleast 6 teams (SEA, IND, ATL, LV, CAR, WAS) all pretty desperate for a true Franchise QB. And there is a mix of another 4 or more teams (DET, TEN, NYJ, TB) who will be looking as well. Sure a good chunk of those teams will settle/fill their holes, there are only really 2.5 guys to go for in the draft (my low opinion of Levis should give you and idea of what I think of Richardson) to feed the need of 10-12 teams out there looking.

• Like 1

Two curious lines of discussion happening with some of the writes who have good Halas hall access. One is stressing that Fields isn't a proven QB, and the other is laying case for Kevin Warren. 

I could truly care less about the second but it certainly feels like a favor to hype this guy when most fans could care less who's deciding what fabric goes on the stadium seats in Arlington Heights.

The other one is kinda weird. I mean no one is saying Fields is 100% going to be a star, but am I crazy for thinking this feels a little leaky? If they start reporting on visits to Ohio State an Alabama to meet with QB coaches then it'll real feel like a sell that the Bears might keep that # 2 or #1 pick. 

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Two curious lines of discussion happening with some of the writes who have good Halas hall access. One is stressing that Fields isn't a proven QB, and the other is laying case for Kevin Warren. 

I could truly care less about the second but it certainly feels like a favor to hype this guy when most fans could care less who's deciding what fabric goes on the stadium seats in Arlington Heights.

The other one is kinda weird. I mean no one is saying Fields is 100% going to be a star, but am I crazy for thinking this feels a little leaky? If they start reporting on visits to Ohio State an Alabama to meet with QB coaches then it'll real feel like a sell that the Bears might keep that # 2 or #1 pick. 

That's what I am saying.   These are insiders saying this stuff.   

Stories seem planned.   I can only guess because they think it adds some trade value to number 2 or number 1 pick.   I think the cost/benefit of that hasn't been adequately thought out.  I would advise against it.  It isn't necessary.    

Who is Kevin Warren ...?  Oh the new President guy candidate.   LOL.  I guess that proves your point about fans not caring.

Seems an overhyped job when main job duty is to collect and allocate checks for various TV/streaming  rights you didn't negotiate and wouldn't be that hard if you did.   You are just taking competing bids and taking highest.   Or lowest in case of Game Pass since you own it.    

The architect team is going to design and build that stadium and they did Minnesota's too.  The 'president' looks at drawings and says, 'cool.'    

It's a job where it is almost impossible to fail.  Especially if you are going to bring in committees to decide new GMs every 5 years or so.

You don't even have to be good with politicians.   They come to you since you have a monopoly and something they need and want and not vis a versa.

35 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

whatever you can do to build leverage for that draft pick. 

"we don't think justin is it, we're looking at guys to draft. oh, you'll give up how much for the pick? well, i guess we could ride with him if you're gonna give us that..."