Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

The reality is we were never going to win a SB this year, so ya the playoffs would have been fun but it’s better to get that higher draft pick.  Additionally, arguing over anyone on the coaching staff, FO or even the players on the roster is a waste of breathe because major changes will be coming with a new owner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

I don’t want to see Wentz or TH4

both of them stink we can’t go into next season with TH4 as our starter or even back up

I think Taylor is back to compete for a back up spot. Nothing wrong w/ having a back up like Taylor who can give you a few wins if your starter goes down but it’s clear we need to find a long term answer at starting QB or at best we’re going to win 7 or 8 games every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is an all-time bonehead decision by a headcoach. Just all time. Benching Heinicke for Wentz in the midst of a playoff run is one of the most unnecessary asinine decisions I have ever seen a coach make. Not realizing how bad of a mistake you made after the first 6 weeks is inexcusable. Rivera can no longer be the head coach of this team. He needs to be fired tonight. 

I imagine if GB wins tonight, there will be serious consideration for this. It truly was a decision that should have dramatic ramifications on employment for A LOT of people.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The reality is we were never going to win a SB this year, so ya the playoffs would have been fun but it’s better to get that higher draft pick.  Additionally, arguing over anyone on the coaching staff, FO or even the players on the roster is a waste of breathe because major changes will be coming with a new owner.

I don't know if arguing is the right word, but I would like major changes coaching wise next year. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is an all-time bonehead decision by a headcoach. Just all time. Benching Heinicke for Wentz in the midst of a playoff run is one of the most unnecessary asinine decisions I have ever seen a coach make. Not realizing how bad of a mistake you made after the first 6 weeks is inexcusable. Rivera can no longer be the head coach of this team. He needs to be fired tonight. 

You don’t fire a HC heading into week 18 when you have the franchise up for sale.  Makes no sense to fire anyone, you let them finish it out and let the new owner determine their fate.

The worst part about this was they could’ve gone back to Taylor at the half. Wentz was bad and they saw it. They could’ve fixed this and instead just let the season sulk away because of stubbornness. This is just insane to me. Rivera should never coach another game in the NFL again. 

• Like 3

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You don’t fire a HC heading into week 18 when you have the franchise up for sale.  Makes no sense to fire anyone, you let them finish it out and let the new owner determine their fate.

You do if you don’t really have intentions to sell which is what I think the case is