Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

The position coaches have done a great job coaching up talent.  Developing bottom of the draft safeties into difference-makers.  Turning Jamin Davis from a bust into a good linebacker.  Jahan Dotson now looking the part of a #2 receiver despite the pick being panned by many.  Once again, being down to 3rd string OL and playing reasonably well considering.  

I honestly think it’s the best skill collection of talent we’ve had in quite some time here.  It is more talent than Rivera inherited, and again, credit to position coaches for doing their job developing the players.  

However, Rivera is an awful head coach.  Questionable decisions all around during the game.  Inexcusable press conference gaffes that would make Steve Spurrier blush.  His staunch defense of Jack Del Rio from the past seasons was eyebrow-raising at best, though JDR did a good job running the defense this year when the offense was running on all cylinders.  

The worst from Rivera has been how Scott Turner still has a job.  I thought this would be a good hiring coming into things, especially as analytics are becoming more of a thing in the NFL.  However, Turner has proved to be pretty inept as an offensive coordinator, and does not have the game-calling ability of his old man.  It’s borderline predictable most of the time.  

It is a shame we are going to waste this roster without a QB worthy of it.  Though that is the defining characteristic of this team under Snyder’s ownership……just a QB away.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The position coaches have done a great job coaching up talent.  Developing bottom of the draft safeties into difference-makers.  Turning Jamin Davis from a bust into a good linebacker.  Jahan Dotson now looking the part of a #2 receiver despite the pick being panned by many.  Once again, being down to 3rd string OL and playing reasonably well considering.  

I honestly think it’s the best skill collection of talent we’ve had in quite some time here.  It is more talent than Rivera inherited, and again, credit to position coaches for doing their job developing the players.  

However, Rivera is an awful head coach.  Questionable decisions all around during the game.  Inexcusable press conference gaffes that would make Steve Spurrier blush.  His staunch defense of Jack Del Rio from the past seasons was eyebrow-raising at best, though JDR did a good job running the defense this year when the offense was running on all cylinders.  

The worst from Rivera has been how Scott Turner still has a job.  I thought this would be a good hiring coming into things, especially as analytics are becoming more of a thing in the NFL.  However, Turner has proved to be pretty inept as an offensive coordinator, and does not have the game-calling ability of his old man.  It’s borderline predictable most of the time.  

It is a shame we are going to waste this roster without a QB worthy of it.  Though that is the defining characteristic of this team under Snyder’s ownership……just a QB away.  

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

51 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I also want to apologize for my Carson Wentz takes. Wow. I at no point ever said he was good, but he proved today how putrid he is. I will never stick up for him again. It's just sickening as you can seem him make 1 really good throw and then 12 really horrible ones. If they don't have that drive right before the half I think TH starts the 2nd half. I thought if we can establish the run and get some easy throws and hit on maybe 1 or 2 big plays he would be successful, well I was very clearly wrong. 

As for this game, what a joke of a performance. I mean how do you have 3rd and 8 in a crucial point of the game and get 12 men on the field. If the entire staff isn't fired, I will genuinely consider not watching them play again. Or you need to stop the clock at the end of the game and you try to hurdle a guy instead of running out of bounds? Or run a pitch play on 4th and 1 instead of running up the gut with Brian Robinson who almost never gets tackled for a loss? Everything about today was sickening. I should be used to it, but I just can't. 

It’s ok, we’re all wrong often. It happens. I defended Patrick Ramsey & Jason Campbell their entire time in DC although in my defense they were 1st round picks that we needed to see play to see if they could develop & they weren’t making $28 million.

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It doesn’t matter man. Nobody needs to come here and apologize for the Wentz thing. All of us love this team and want them to win. You’re a good poster dude and I like reading your stuff. Wondering if Wentz could do better isn’t something I’m going to beat up other fans over. 

No qb gives us a chance to win that’s on the team 

53 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I also want to apologize for my Carson Wentz takes. Wow. I at no point ever said he was good, but he proved today how putrid he is. I will never stick up for him again. It's just sickening as you can seem him make 1 really good throw and then 12 really horrible ones. If they don't have that drive right before the half I think TH starts the 2nd half. I thought if we can establish the run and get some easy throws and hit on maybe 1 or 2 big plays he would be successful, well I was very clearly wrong. 

As for this game, what a joke of a performance. I mean how do you have 3rd and 8 in a crucial point of the game and get 12 men on the field. If the entire staff isn't fired, I will genuinely consider not watching them play again. Or you need to stop the clock at the end of the game and you try to hurdle a guy instead of running out of bounds? Or run a pitch play on 4th and 1 instead of running up the gut with Brian Robinson who almost never gets tackled for a loss? Everything about today was sickening. I should be used to it, but I just can't. 

It’s ok to think how you did.  Carson was good before the injury.  So was RGIII.  This isn’t like a Ryan Leaf situation where he just wasn’t any good.  So us fans and coaches have seen the flashes.  They gambled and it didn’t work out.  We should have been looking to invest more than we did in other QBs, but even then, the stink of Snyder around this franchise may still have nixed deals. 

The bad thing is we’re truly in no man’s land. Ownership is most likely going to change which means the coach and his regime stays another season. We’ll probably lose Daron Payne because Rivera didn’t think he was worth keeping and of course he does onto have a career year. Just ridiculous. 9 losing seasons in 12 years for the guy you gave the keys to the franchise too. 

• Like 1