Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

that’s fair. Sorry, Wentz threw the two worst ints of this season for the team.

HAHAHAHAHA we just going to forget about Taylor's interception against Minnesota? When we were up 2 scores in the 4th quarter? And he missed a 6'6" TE by 5 feet high? As compared to being down 22-10 with 5:36 left in the 4th when the game was already over? You're ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Neither tops Cousins 2016 interception against the Giants . Worst interception In Redskin history .But I regress . 🤪

You mean the play where Moses had the DE he was blocking blown up into Cousins’s lap making Cousins have to pull it down & reload which allowed DRC to close on the ball while Garcon gave up on the play?

Just now, Scott Land said:

HAHAHAHAHA we just going to forget about Taylor's interception against Minnesota? When we were up 2 scores in the 4th quarter? And he missed a 6'6" TE by 5 feet high? As compared to being down 22-10 with 5:36 left in the 4th when the game was already over? You're ridiculous. 

The difference with that was while it was bad. It wasn’t at the 20 yard line & there was still 8 minutes left in the game. Carson’s int vs Tenn literally lost the game on that very play.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The difference with that was while it was bad. It wasn’t at the 20 yard line & there was still 8 minutes left in the game. Carson’s int vs Tenn literally lost the game on that very play.

IT GOT BROUGHT TO THE 12 YARD LINE! HOW HEINICKE BLIND ARE YOU????

Let's just sign Heinicke for 5 years 125 million. I like Heinicke, he's a football guy. But the way you guys defend him like he's Brett Favre jr is sickening. 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would still argue it was a great play by their defender, but that play did cost us the game 100%. We have seen some ugly INTs this year. I'd have to do a recap before declaring one the worst, but off the top of my head, the TEN one hurt the most.

Just now, Scott Land said:

Let's just sign Heinicke for 5 years 125 million. I like Heinicke, he's a football guy. But the way you guys defend him like he's Brett Favre jr is sickening. 

I don’t want Heinicke that bad, I just think he’s more likely to win us games than Wentz be Wentz hasn’t played well enough to win us but 1 game all year. Wentz won in Chicago but he was awful even before the finger injury. The D had two stands inside our own 5 yard line to win that Chicago game & the bears muffed a punt at the 10.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I would still argue it was a great play by their defender, but that play did cost us the game 100%. We have seen some ugly INTs this year. I'd have to do a recap before declaring one the worst, but off the top of my head, the TEN one hurt the most.

I think the Tenn one was def the worst. The Minny one by TH & the Dallas one CW were equally as bad/tied for 2nd worst. They 3rd & 4th worst have to be the Carson ints vs the Jags on back to back plays.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

What are you talking about? lol. I have continuously said Heinicke is not a long-term option. I want them to start Howell next year. I just think at this point overall and for this system, Heinicke is the better option. Nothing more, nothing less. I do not view Heinicke as a starter in this league for a winning team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

It was a great play by DRC also. The throw was late over the middle by Kirk bc of the pressure he had from the DE which caused him to throw it later then he wanted to & Garcon didn’t fight for the ball at all. It was like a perfect storm that went against us.

it was first down. The play was busted.. Let's see , what can I do--Maybe throw it away !???????? 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t want Heinicke that bad, I just think he’s more likely to win us games than Wentz be Wentz hasn’t played well enough to win us but 1 game all year. Wentz won in Chicago but he was awful even before the finger injury. The D had two stands inside our own 5 yard line to win that Chicago game & the bears muffed a punt at the 10.

It sure seems like you do. 

The defense had to make a stand against the Falcons too. Packer's game they muffed a punt as well, and got bailed out on another fumble 6 by Heinicke on an illegal contact.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think the Tenn one was def the worst. The Minny one by TH & the Dallas one CW were equally as bad/tied for 2nd worst. They 3rd & 4th worst have to be the Carson ints vs the Jags on back to back plays.

I don't know how the INT against SF is not in your top 5. It was a horrendous play. 

Like I said I will go back and look at all of our INTs this year, but off the top of my head last weeks and the TEN end game are very high on the list.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't know how the INT against SF is not in your top 5. It was a horrendous play. 

Like I said I will go back and look at all of our INTs this year, but off the top of my head last weeks and the TEN end game are very high on the list.

1. Carson's against Tenn

2. Taylor's against MN

3. Taylor's against SF

4. Taylor's against Green Bay

5. Carson's against Jags

Off the top of my head

37 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

It sure seems like you do. 

The defense had to make a stand against the Falcons too. Packer's game they muffed a punt as well, and got bailed out on another fumble 6 by Heinicke on an illegal contact.

Me not wanting Wentz to play doesn’t mean I love Heinicke.