Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Jets will finish 3rd or worse in that division with Carr.  

The Jets defense is good but I don't see anyway that they're better than the Bills or Dolphins next year. It's also hard to bet against BB and the Patriots. 

Their schedule also looks like it's going to be murder's row next year. They have 9 games against teams that made the playoffs this season: Bills (x2), Dolphins (x2), Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. And their other 8 games are against: Patriots (x2), Broncos, Raiders, Browns, Commanders, Falcons, and Texans. 

Edited by NYRaider

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Jets defense is good but I don't see anyway that they're better than the Bills or Dolphins next year. It's also hard to bet against BB and the Patriots. 

Their schedule also looks like it's going to be murder's row next year. They have 9 games against teams that made the playoffs this season: Bills (x2), Dolphins (x2), Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. And their other 8 games are against: Patriots (x2), Broncos, Raiders, Browns, Commanders, Falcons, and Texans. 

I could see them winning 10+ and going to the playoffs with Carr. Who knows what kind of shot they'd have at advancing, but at least they'd have a shot.

I really want him to go to the Jets because the Raiders play them next season in Vegas which just makes for great TV. 

One thing that is crazy to me is how after 1 good draft these Jet fans and reporters act like they’re some standard of greatness like they haven’t ****ed up all over the place before. I think this Jets team has far more holes then people think they have it’s just that Wilson was so bad last year people didn’t bring them up. This is a team that has no cap space. That’s gonna have to release their best  edge rusher due to the cap then you’re bringing in Carr and his contract just very little room to get better for them to really be good with Carr

Jets are overrated in my eyes. Defense gets a lot of praise for a big turn around from the previous season, but look at who their wins came against outside Rodgers (wk 6) and Allen (wk 9) they played:

Brissett, Pickett, Bridgewater/Thompson, Rypien, Siemian, Wilson

They will return to their mean in 2022.

The Bills are the Bills. Pats (who beat them twice) offense will improve under Bill O'Brien. Dolphins will get a boost from Vic Fangio on D. 

Where do you rank the Jets in that division? Let alone the AFC. 

2 hours ago, true2form said:

I could see them winning 10+ and going to the playoffs with Carr. Who knows what kind of shot they'd have at advancing, but at least they'd have a shot.

They would have to get out to a fast start and have a great run game that could carry them in the late season games.  8 of the teams they play have open fields in cold weather environments and then every home game is the same.  It is possible that his final 6 weeks are played in 40 degree weather or below.

Unusual take I guess but I thought DC was a good QB for the Raiders, was never THE problem but definitely struggled this past season. Decision made to move on from him but I wish him all the best.

Can’t understand all this  ‘ hope he breaks a leg’ or hoping him to fail mentality, more interested in what we do as a team not how well/badly he does now. 

• Like 2