BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

14 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 2.0

Here is the mock I promised, based on RG's draft order. Keep in mind that I did no summer scouting this year so this is all based on the research I've been doing over the past week or so to prepare myself to start scouting soon. Enjoy.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Seoul Dragons Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Anchorage Trappers (Hungary) Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Anchorage Trappers (Singapore) Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Lancaster Werewolves Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Gotham Gashslayers Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Raleigh Firebirds Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Cuba Smugglers Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Baltimore Corviknights Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Greenland Polar Bears Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Camden Hood Rats Kalen King, CB, Penn State
Berlin Blitzkrieg Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
New Orleans Jazz Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Rome Eternals JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Cancun Kaiju Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
Anchorage Trappers Maason Smith, INT, LSU

Round 2  
Team Pick
Seoul Dragons J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Hungary Hippos J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
Baltimore Corviknights (Singapore) Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Lancaster Werewolves Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Gotham Gashslayers Leonard Taylor, INT, Miami
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Barrett Carter, LB, Clemson
Raleigh Firebirds Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
Cuba Smugglers Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Baltimore Corviknights Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Greenland Polar Bears Nazir Stackhouse, INT, Georgia
Camden Hood Rats Riley Leonard, QB, Duke
Berlin Blitzkrieg Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
New Orleans Jazz Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Rome Eternals Josh Newton, CB, TCU
Cancun Kaiju Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest
Anchorage Trappers Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Chop or J.T. are good options for my first.

Doubt I go S high as I'll re-sign Antoine no doubt.

I'm not sure if it's officially done yet but please remove me as co-owner. Once regular free agency was winding down I essentially did nothing as Ted got his bearings. I'd like to go back to being a free agent and free to vote for anyone without limitations. Thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

I'm not sure if it's officially done yet but please remove me as co-owner. Once regular free agency was winding down I essentially did nothing as Ted got his bearings. I'd like to go back to being a free agent and free to vote for anyone without limitations. Thanks.

You can vote for me no matter what team you affiliate with 

13 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

Thanks a lot for the help on draft and FA my man! 

• Like 2

Less than 1 week until the season kicks off! 

discussion question: what are your top BDL player questions that you are watching for in this first week that could help define your season and beyond? 

Raleigh:

#1 What does Bryce Young look like in his first game action? 

#2 Will Jalen Carter live up to all this off-season hype and did I steal a potential defensive superstar? 

#3 Is Michael Thomas finally healthy and what version of this player am I getting after all of this time?

#4 Similarly, is Shaq Leonard finally healthy and does he play like Darius Leonard?

Co-#5’s- Does Russ bounce back with Peyton or is who he was last year just who he is? Does Daniel Jones take another step with Daboll or was last season his ceiling?
Will either play well enough to make a 3up decision very interesting next season? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Less than 1 week until the season kicks off! 

discussion question: what are your top BDL player questions that you are watching for in this first week that could help define your season and beyond? 

Raleigh:

#1 What does Bryce Young look like in his first game action? 

#2 Will Jalen Carter live up to all this off-season hype and did I steal a potential defensive superstar? 

#3 Is Michael Thomas finally healthy and what version of this player am I getting after all of this time?

#4 Similarly, is Shaq Leonard finally healthy and does he play like Darius Leonard?

Co-#5’s- Does Russ bounce back with Peyton or is who he was last year just who he is? Does Daniel Jones take another step with Daboll or was last season his ceiling?
Will either play well enough to make a 3up decision very interesting next season? 

I won’t do just week 1 but for our season in general.

#1 Will Breece Hall bounce back healthy and if so how long will it take him to get there?

#2 Will the supporting receivers be able to step up and help out Burrow and Chase? Including Jameson Williams when he returns from missing 50% of the BDL season.

#3 Will Jamaree pay off in our decision to entrust him as a starting guard?

#4 Will this defense be able to carry the momentum from last year with additions/subtractions?

#5 Will Jonathan Taylor play this year like a man possessed when back after missing 25% of the BDL season or will he protect his future and limp thorough the year?

Bonus question: Where will the three Anchorage first round picks end up in the 2024 draft?