Week 18 scheduling prediction/discussion

Malfatron

Bills at a major advantage if Chiefs lose Saturday and they beat Cinci tonight. They can essentially rest.

That would rule out the Pats/Bills in prime time.

Lions would be eliminated with a Hawks win earlier in the day. I think both the NFC WC games should be played in the late afternoon window.

SNF game could be Giants@Eagles. 

8 hours ago, pf9 said:

Thanks to the Steelers the Chargers are now in the #5 seed in the AFC, which they can clinch with a win over Denver next week. Let's see if they can dethrone the Chiefs as AFC West champions next year.

If the Bills lose to the Bengals, they only have to wait to weeks (assuming a win over the AFCS) to dethrone them for something much larger

18 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That would make no sense. The Giants are locked into the 6th seed, and depending on how next Sunday went, Eagles could clinch the 1 seed without playing.

They would need that both the Cowboys(Was) and 49ers loseCardinals), which is very unlikely.It would be a good gamble for the NFL

5 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

They would need that both the Cowboys(Was) and 49ers loseCardinals), which is very unlikely.It would be a good gamble for the NFL

I think the late game would force the Giants to be more conservative, especially if Vikings limit their starters as well. They would likely know what day they are playing, getting home late, no reason to put much on tape with Vikings and potentially the Eagles being their next two opponents.

NFC playoffs could feature GB, SF, Dallas, NYG, Philli, Brady/Bucs, Minn. Very iconic franchises. But perhaps most of the games will still be blowouts.

AFC has stellar QB play, assuming Lawrence wins. Lamar has to be back. Steelers would probably bring bigger ratings than the Pats in the #7.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Can anyone explain why the league would schedule KC on Saturday before knowing the result of BUF v CIN? 

That seems outrageous to me.

The way I see it:

If Buffalo wins tonight, the Chiefs need to beat Vegas to stay alive for the 1 seed,

If Buffalo loses tonight, the Chiefs can win the 1 seed on primetime on Saturday.

Either way, the game will mean something to KC

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

This makes a lot of sense

For this reason, im rooting Bills.

Do not want the SNF game for packers

My only problem with that is that there's a very good chance that game is just setting up a wild card round rematch.